Plot – EXistenZ' is a successful game based on advanced technology and developed by the leaders of Antenna Research. Allegra Geller has created the game and she's a determined and attractive woman. What makes 'EXistenZ' so real is the fact that the power button has to be plugged directly into the player's nervous system, through a spinal connector. However, some anti-'EXistenZ' forces sabotage the game and put a bounty on Allegra's head.
All actors – Jennifer Jason Leigh, Jude Law, Ian Holm, Willem Dafoe, Don McKellar, Callum Keith Rennie, Christopher Eccleston, Sarah Polley, Robert A. Silverman, Oscar Hsu, Kris Lemche, Vik Sahay, Kirsten Johnson, James Kirchner, Balázs Koós, Stephanie Belding, Gerry Quigleyshow all
“EXistenZ” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Ted Pikul: Allegra, what if we're not in the game anymore?
- Allegra Geller: If we're not.
- Ted Pikul: If we're not then you just killed someone real.”
“- Ted Pikul: He wanted to kill you. That's two people in one day who wanted to actually kill you.
- Allegra Geller: I've never been more popular.”
“- Gas: I operated a gas station.
- Ted Pikul: You still operate a gas station, don't you?
- Gas: Only on the most pathetic level of reality.”
“- Ted Pikul: We're both stumbling around together in this unformed world, whose rules and objectives are largely unknown, seemingly indecipherable or even possibly nonexistent, always on the verge of being killed by forces that we don't understand.
- Allegra Geller: That sounds like my game, all right.
- Ted Pikul: That sounds like a game that's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ted Pikul: It's none of your business who sent us! We're here and that is all that matters... God, what happened? I didn't mean to say that.
- Allegra Geller: It's your character who said it. It's kind of a schizophrenic feeling, isn't it? You'll get used to it. There are things that have to be said to advance the plot and establish the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Allegra Geller: When he comes over, do it. Don't hesitate.
- Ted Pikul: Everything in the game is so realistic, I don't think I really could.
- Allegra Geller: You won't be able to stop yourself. You might as well enjoy it.”
“I'm feeling a little disconnected from my real life. I'm kinda losing touch with the texture of it. You know what I mean? I actually think there is an element of psychosis involved here.”
“- Allegra Geller: The whole pod just disappeared into your back.
- Ted Pikul: It disappeared into my back? It's in my spine? It's working its way around my spinal cord?
- Allegra Geller: Don't panic, it's just a game.”
“- Ted Pikul: I want to put the game on pause. The game can be paused, can't it? I mean, all games can be paused, right?
- Allegra Geller: Why? What's wrong? Aren't you dying to see what's so special about the special?”
“- Ted Pikul: You killed him. Are you going to kill me next?
- Allegra Geller: He was only a game character. I didn't like how he was messing with my mind.
- Ted Pikul: You didn't like that, so you killed him?
- Allegra Geller: He's only a game character!”
“You have to play the game, to find out why you're playing the game.”
“- Ted Pikul: Free will is obviously not a big factor in this little world of ours.
- Allegra Geller: It's like real life. There's just enough to make it interesting.”