Viggo Mortensen quotes
“- Tony Lip: I dunno. Personally I think if you stuck to the classic stuff it would've been a big mistake.
- Dr. Donald Shirley: A mistake? Performing the music I trained my entire life to play?
- Tony Lip: Trained? What are you, a seal? People love what you do! Anyone can sound like Beethoven or Joe Pan or them other guys you said. But your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The world's full of lonely people afraid to make the first move.”
“Little Tommy Daggett. How I loved listening to your sweet prayers every night. And then you'd jump in your bed, so afraid I was under there. And I was!”
“I can lay you out and fill your mouth with your mother's feces, or we can talk.”
“There's no cavalry. No one will magically appear and save you in the end.”
“When you have sex with a woman, be gentle and listen to her. Treat her with respect and dignity even if you don't love her.”
“- Tony Lip: I don't make the rules down here.
- Dr. Donald Shirley: No? Then who does?
- Tony Lip: You're saying just 'cause I'm white and they're white? You know, that's a very prejudiced thing you just said there. A very prejudiced thing. I got more in common with the Hymies at 2nd Avenue Deli than I do with these hillbilly pricks down here.”
“- Orange Bird Bartender: Are you a cop?
- Tony Lip: Do I look Irish?”
“- Dr. Donald Shirley: What on God's green earth are you doing?
- Tony Lip: A letter.
- Dr. Donald Shirley: Looks more like a piecemeal ransom note.”
“- Anna: So you've read the diary. How can you keep doing what you're doing?
- Nikolai Luzhin: I'm just a driver.”
“- Virgil Cole: [showing him fabric samples] Tell her she can pick whichever one she likes. You know, I'm kind of partial to this one here, but look. Look at that. You can see right through it.
- Everett Hitch: Kind of small for curtains, aren't they?”
“- Tom Stall: I don't smell very good. I've been driving pretty much non-stop 15 to 16 hours.
- Ruben: I'll hold my nose.”
“- Tom Stall: In this family, we do not solve our problems by hitting people!
- Jack Stall: No, in this family, we shoot them!”
“Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.”
“- Preston Webb: I didn't join this race to finish in second place!
- Frank Hopkins: Why did you then?”