Birth quotes68 birth quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Every human being on this earth is born with a tragedy, and it isn't original sin. He's born with the tragedy that he has to grow up. That he has to leave the nest, the security, and go out to do battle. He has to lose everything that is lovely and fight for a new loveliness of his own making, and it's a tragedy. A lot of people don't have the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Some of us were just born different.”
“You know, sometimes I feel like I was born with a leak, and any goodness I started with just slowly spilled out of me, and now it’s all gone.”
“Birth is a curse and existence is a prison.”
“I was born alone. I'll die alone. I'll sing alone. I'll be OK.”
“We were born and we die. In between, I think we try to live as best we can.”
“He wasn’t born a monster. Somebody turned him into one.”
“Some people were born just so they could be buried.”
“- Arnie: How do rabbits get born?
- Sam Marlowe: Same way elephants do.”
- Dr. Sanderson: I think that your sister's condition stems from trauma.
- Elwood P. Dowd: From what?
- Dr. Sanderson: Uh, trauma. Spelled t-r-a-u-m-a. It means shock. There's nothing unusual about it. There's the "birth trauma" - the shock of being born...
- Elwood P. Dowd: That's the one we never get over.
“I'm the woman I am because I had you. You know, I never really told anyone this before, but when I was pregnant with you, I was scared shitless. But then, the moment I held you, something inside of me changed instantly. The best kind of love does that. It changes you. It makes you a better person.”
“Anything I've done up till May 27th 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life.”
“I didn't want to be born. You didn't want me to be born. It's been a calamity on both sides.”
“- Vicki Summers: I am glad that you die!
- Kurt: What?
- Duncan: Nothing! What she meant to say was that we all die eventually. Technically, we start dying the moment we're born.”
“We may feel that our lives are not our own, that death controls and frames our lives. Our birth is nothing but death begun.”
“Everything really did happen for a reason. Kurt had to be born; it was... it was a must. He was the first grandchild on both sides. Everybody was coming over, constantly. Can't even describe what a magnet he was; people would just come to him.”
“Cihuateteo. That's what my mother called them. The souls of women who had died giving birth. They became Cihuateteo, the spirits who helped the sun to set. Without Cihuateteo, the sun would not be able to rest.”
“There are unwanted emotions and pain that goes along with any birth.”
“- Margaret Lewin: Any animal can give birth. That doesn't make it a mother.
- Khaila Richards: Are you calling me an animal? If you think you're going to just take my baby from me like some puppy from a pound, you got another thing coming, lady!”