William Hurt quotes
“What's really frustrating with movies is the lack of improvement.”
“You have a nice personality and you know sweaters.”
“If there's one thing I've learned about people, it's that many will do anything, anything not to die. And they'll do anything to keep from living their life.”
If I ever hear you describe a patient as "terminal" again, that's how you'll describe your career!
I love you as my own flesh. I beg of you to marry me. Say "Edward, give me my name". Say "Edward, I will marry you".
“My honor is my work. There is none greater.”
“The nicest thing about feeling happy is that you think you'll never be unhappy again.”
“What we Tucks have, you can't call it living. We just... are. We're like rocks, stuck at the side of a stream.”
“- August Nicholson: If this place is worthy, she'll be successful in her quest.
- Mrs. Clack: How could you have sent her. She is blind.
- Edward Walker: She is more capable than most in this village. And she is led by love.”
“- Rochester: Are you fond of presents?
- Jane Eyre: I hardly know. I have little experience of them.”
“The uses of information, disinformation, and how their use is ultimately... power. They have agreed to open up their operations to us, they can't win the war without us, but they don't really want us here... Intelligence is their mother's milk, and they don't like sharing the royal tit with people that don't have titles.”
“- Arkady Renko: I always wanted to meet an American. You are so, so different. Forgive me for staring. Only once before did I ever meet an American, in the flesh, so to speak. A young student, Kirwell I think he was called. James Kirwell.
- Jack Osborne: Oh.
- Arkady Renko: But he was dead.
- Jack Osborne: That doesn't count then, does it?”
“Don't be afraid of death, Winnie. Be afraid of the unlived life.”
“- Eddie Jessup: I can't live with it Emily, the pain is unbearable.
- Emily Jessup: We all live with it. That unbearable terror is what makes us such singular creatures. We hide from it, we succumb to it, mostly we defy it! We build fragile little structures to keep it out. We love, we raise families, we work, we make friends. We writepoems...”
“- Jack Osborne: There's a sliver of food on your upper lip.
- Arkady Renko: I'm just a plodding investigator, no style. Completely out of my depth. Oh, yes. Three bodies, three people, shot down and mutilated in Gorky Park, and me, I have food on my lip.
- Jack Osborne: Not even caviar at that. I somehow feel that the executioner, whoever he may...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sometimes the shit comes down so heavy I feel like I should wear a hat.”
“There's a lot of space out there to get lost in.”
“- Ben Bernanke: Lehman's down another 10%.
- Henry Paulson: You are not gonna let me get down a single bite, are you?
- Ben Bernanke: This is why I have oatmeal”
“I can't see it working for me. I never got the urge, you know? A lot of great-looking women in the world. I never met one made me wanna give up all the others.”
“Sometimes people call me a success for all the reasons that make me think I'm a failure.”