Ed Harris quotes
“You can't betray yourself too often, or you become somebody else.”
“But the truth is, we're not the one been teachin' Radio, Radio's the one been teachin' us - cause the way he treats us all the time is the way we wish we treated each other even part of the time.”
“- Radio: This is Radio. What pants do I put on?
- Coach: Just grab something...
- Radio: How 'bout this one?
- Coach: Those look fine Radio.”
“- Leonard Dekkom: Tomorrow, the sun will rise, all our enemies will be gone. Wiped away as if by the Hand of God.
- President Andrew Palma: Why would you do this?
- Leonard Dekkom: Because no-one else would. I'm turning the clock back to 1945, when America was a shining city on a hill, not just a bank disguised as a country.
- President Andrew...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're a better man than me, Radio.”
“- Randall Bragg: Mr. Everett Hitch. You a drinking man, Everett?
- Virgil Cole: Not so much.
- Randall Bragg: Hard to like a man who doesn't drink a little.
- Virgil Cole: But not impossible.”
“He could leave at any time. If it was more than just a vague ambition, if he was absolutely determined to discover the truth, there's no way we could prevent him. I think what distresses you, really, caller, is that ultimately Truman prefers his cell, as you call it.”
“We do things as a team, gentlemen.”
“You take him out of this school, you might as well just take his life from him.”
“- Marlon: The point is, I would gladly step in front of traffic for you Truman. And the last thing I would ever do to you...
- Christof: ... is lie to you.
- Marlon: ...is lie to you.”
“You know what I hate about myself? I know what people taste like. I know babies taste the best.”
“Science is all about playing God. Sometimes God doesn't play so nice.”
“An artist is someone who has learnt to trust in himself.”
“- Virgil Cole: [showing him fabric samples] Tell her she can pick whichever one she likes. You know, I'm kind of partial to this one here, but look. Look at that. You can see right through it.
- Everett Hitch: Kind of small for curtains, aren't they?”
“- Virgil Cole: Your boys do like the bylaws say, everything will be muy bueno.
- Randall Bragg: And if they don't?
- Virgil Cole: I arrest them.
- Randall Bragg: And if they don't go along?
- Virgil Cole: I shoot them.”
“Let's work the problem people. Let's not make things worse by guessing.”
- Remy Bressant: How well do you know "Cheese" Jean Baptiste?
- Helene McCready: Who?
- Nick Poole: Come on, sweetheart. "Cheese" Jean Baptiste.
- Helene McCready: Oh, sounds familiar.
- Remy Bressant: No. It don't "sound familiar", Helene. He's a violent sociopathic Haitain criminal named Cheese. Either you know him or you don't.