Ed Harris quotes
“You can't betray yourself too often, or you become somebody else.”
“But the truth is, we're not the one been teachin' Radio, Radio's the one been teachin' us - cause the way he treats us all the time is the way we wish we treated each other even part of the time.”
“- Radio: This is Radio. What pants do I put on?
- Coach: Just grab something...
- Radio: How 'bout this one?
- Coach: Those look fine Radio.”
“- Leonard Dekkom: Tomorrow, the sun will rise, all our enemies will be gone. Wiped away as if by the Hand of God.
- President Andrew Palma: Why would you do this?
- Leonard Dekkom: Because no-one else would. I'm turning the clock back to 1945, when America was a shining city on a hill, not just a bank disguised as a country.
- President Andrew...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're a better man than me, Radio.”
“- Randall Bragg: Mr. Everett Hitch. You a drinking man, Everett?
- Virgil Cole: Not so much.
- Randall Bragg: Hard to like a man who doesn't drink a little.
- Virgil Cole: But not impossible.”
“He could leave at any time. If it was more than just a vague ambition, if he was absolutely determined to discover the truth, there's no way we could prevent him. I think what distresses you, really, caller, is that ultimately Truman prefers his cell, as you call it.”
“We do things as a team, gentlemen.”
“I don't care about what anything was designed to do, I care about what it can do.”
“You take him out of this school, you might as well just take his life from him.”
“When you’re suffering, that’s when you’re most real.”
“Winning doesn't mean anything unless someone else loses, which means you're here to be the loser.”
“- Marlon: The point is, I would gladly step in front of traffic for you Truman. And the last thing I would ever do to you...
- Christof: ... is lie to you.
- Marlon: ...is lie to you.”
“You know what I hate about myself? I know what people taste like. I know babies taste the best.”
“Science is all about playing God. Sometimes God doesn't play so nice.”
“An artist is someone who has learnt to trust in himself.”
“- Virgil Cole: [showing him fabric samples] Tell her she can pick whichever one she likes. You know, I'm kind of partial to this one here, but look. Look at that. You can see right through it.
- Everett Hitch: Kind of small for curtains, aren't they?”
“- Virgil Cole: Your boys do like the bylaws say, everything will be muy bueno.
- Randall Bragg: And if they don't?
- Virgil Cole: I arrest them.
- Randall Bragg: And if they don't go along?
- Virgil Cole: I shoot them.”
“Let's work the problem people. Let's not make things worse by guessing.”