Desire quotes290 desire quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm tired of living without really living. I'm tired of wanting things. We can't have a lot of things. But we could have this.”
“I'd love to do something on Broadway. I'd love to spend some time in New York.”
“Reality is fabricated out of desire.”
“All my life I've wanted to be somebody. But I see now I should have been more specific.”
“- Supermodel: You're not afraid of catching germs? And you know, I'm coming down with a cold and everything...
- Lee Simon: From you I'd be willing to catch terminal cancer.”
“Sex? I can't even say the word... not that I was ever really into it, but... when you don't have any and there are no prospects, well, it's very upsetting!”
“- Melvin Udall: You make me want to be a better man.
- Carol Connelly: ...That's maybe the best compliment of my life.
- Melvin Udall: Well, maybe I overshot a little, because I was aiming at just enough to keep you from walking out.”
“I only really work when I want to.”
“Wait all ya want, 'cause there's no end.”
“- Elizabeth Marston: What we want can never happen.
- William Moulton Marston: Why not?
- Elizabeth Marston: Because the world won't let it.
- William Moulton Marston: The world can't stop us.”
“Saddest people are the ones who don't know what they want.”
“Just because you want it doesn't mean it can happen.”
“I wasn't like, 'I want to be famous.' I just wanted to be an actor. I wasn't chasing anything. I was never stressed or worried. I never had any fear of rejection or not making it, anything like that.”
“Make sure your desire to do what you're aspiring to do is deeper than just fame and being a celebrity.”
“What's wrong with wanting to be the best you can be? What's wrong with wanting to be perfect? What's wrong with wanting to be loved?”
“We'll always be their whores. Unless, of course, we have something they want. If I were you I'd find something.”
“- Gaston Monescu: What did she want?
- Lily: You. And she's willing to pay as high as 50 francs.”
“In life you don't get the girl. Lying is easier than the truth. That's why I write!”
“- Penelope Lanier: Do you want some?
- Paul De Smedt: No, I don't smoke.
- Penelope Lanier: That doesn't mean you don't want some.”
“It's not about how badly you want something. It's about what you are capable of!”