Proof quotes48 proof quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Self-sacrifice is very easy. It's having to sacrifice someone you love that puts your convictions to the test.”
“Gather up all these leaves for trace evidence. Shoot and gut every animal in the park. Their stomachs might include something that could be a clue. Donate the meat to charity. The hides can be turned into warm socks for the poor. Grind up the bones for dog food. I want nothing wasted.”
“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.”
“Robert Graysmith: just because you can't prove it doesn't mean it isn't true.”
“Of course he didn't listen to me. He had proved what he needed to prove. To himself and anyone who doubted him.”
“I'm not trying to prove a point. I'm trying to be faithful.”
“- Nikolai Luzhin: I need you to take Semyon out of the picture. I want you to arrest him.
- Yuri: Arrest him for what?
- Nikolai Luzhin: Rape. The girl was 14.
- Yuri: And of course she will testify?
- Nikolai Luzhin: She is dead, but she had Semyon's baby. If you can prove baby was his, and girl was underage, that is statutory rape. You have...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Billy Halleck: What are you trying to do to me?
- Heidi Halleck: What you wanted me to do in the back seat of your daddy's car. Prove my love to you.”
“Whether you did it or not doesn't matter. The state has to prove it, that you're a spy.”
“- Wolverine: Hey! It's me.
- Cyclops: Prove it!
- Wolverine: You're a dick.
- Cyclops: Okay.”
- Alexandra: I've just spent all goddamn morning showing you the evidence.
- Ricci: If that's what the Justice Department calls "evidence" these days, that's the scariest part of this whole conversation.
“Oh yeah, I believe in God. I think there's much more evidence that there is a God than that there isn't.”
“- Clay: How'd you know we were alive?
- Aisha: Counted the number of teeth in the chopper wreckage. Plus you guys aren't exactly subtle.”
“- Otis B. Driftwood: I'm practically a hermit.
- Henderson: Oh. A hermit. I notice the table's set for four.
- Otis B. Driftwood: That's nothing - my alarm clock is set for eight. That doesn't prove a thing.”
“Should you think this is just a shaggy dog story told by a senile man to his impressionable grandson, I'd ask you to come to South Wales, to the village where I was born, and as you drive north from Cardiff, look for the first big hill. Not just a hill, but a mountain, and the children of the people who built it. However, just before this film...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It seems that in the court of law there's no way to prove the effectiveness of prayer.”
“- Johnny Utah: The beaches are always being closed because of waste spills, right? And surfers are territorial, they stick to certain breaks. If we can get some hair samples, and get a match to a certain beach, we'd know which break the Ex-Presidents surf. You buyin' this?
- Pappas: No. But let's do it anyway; it'll drive Harp crazy.”
“- Banquet Doorman: Your coat, sir?
- Lt. Frank Drebin: Yes, it is. And I have a receipt to prove it.”
“Faith is the antithesis of proof.”
“There's no such thing as love. There are only proofs of love.”
“- Doctor Watson: But Holmes, that's impossible.
- Sherlock Holmes: Anything is possible until proven otherwise.”
“- Robbie Turner: You'll go to your parents as soon as you can and tell them everything they need to know to be convinced that your evidence was false. You'll go and see a solicitor and make a statement and have it signed and witnessed and send copies to us. Is that clear?
- Briony - 18 years old: Yes.
- Robbie Turner: Then you'll write a...” (continue)(continue reading)