Maria Bello quotes
“We're in the show together. We have to keep up the appearance of respectability.”
“- Lil: That's Rachel, you can learn a lot from her.
- Violet Sanford: She just cut some guy's ponytail off.
- Lil: Yeah, the court ordered her to take anger-management classes after she pummeled a customer for grabbin' her ass. He pressed charges, I gave her a raise.”
“- Rebecca: We're living with a dead woman!
- Sophie: Ghosts don't exist.
- Rebecca: Well, if she's not a ghost, then what is she?”
“- Sergeant Reznik: You were infected yet recovered while your family didn't.
- Ben Parish: That's why they call me 'zombie'.”
“I always wanted the fairy tale, but now I want someone who is a great partner.”
“I'm interested in people who have lived, who are searching and questioning.”
“I'm a girl who loves fashion. I'm such a Cinderella - I love to put on a great dress and heels. It's fun!”
“- Amy Rainey: You were always gone.
- Mort Rainey: I worked from home, Amy.”
“- Rosie: He's the meanest damn dog that ever lived.
- Porter: What's his name?
- Rosie: Porter.”
“- Amy Rainey: Jesus, Mort. Where'd did you get that old thing? The attic?
- Mort Rainey: It's mine. Wasn't ever anybody else's.”
“- Sally Lamonsoff: See that? Now he won't even drink from me.
- Roxanne Chase-Feder: That's what men do. They take and take, and then give you up for some cow.
- Sally Lamonsoff: Well now I don't know what I'm going to do with these.
- Eric Lamonsoff: I do.”
“- Amy Rainey: I just wanted you to be happy, Mort.
- Mort Rainey: Well, I guess you shouldn't have fucked him then.”
“- Tom Stall: I remember the moment I knew you were in love with me. I saw it in your eyes. I can still see it.
- Edie Stall: Of course you can. I still love you.”
“- Lil: Hey, this place is my home. And I'm not willing to risk everything I have on your personal life. It's business, plain and simple.
- Violet Sanford: This is not business. I work my ass off for you and you're supposed to be my friend!
- Lil: I never said I was your friend. I'm your boss and you knew the rules like everybody else.”
“- Violet Sanford: I don't mean to press my luck, but would you mind telling me why you're hiring me?
- Lil: Because, the, um, average male is walking around with a toddler inside of his pants, a two year old right there inside his dockers.
- Violet Sanford: Men have two year old children in their pants - that's why you're hiring me?
- Lil: You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rachel: Lil, do we serve water with our whiskey?
- Lil: Only water I serve's got barley and hops in it. Hey everybody, do we serve water in this bar?”
“I think all those stories about you being dead are true. You're just too thick-headed to admit it.”