“RKO 281” quotes(1999)
All actors – Liev Schreiber, James Cromwell, Melanie Griffith, John Malkovich, Brenda Blethyn, Roy Scheider, Liam Cunningham, David Suchet, Fiona Shaw, Anastasia Hille, Roger Allam, Simeon Andrewsshow all
“RKO 281” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Orson Welles: I expected better of you, Mank.
- Herman Mankiewicz: Me too, but I got used to it.”
- Herman Mankiewicz: What about Marion?
- Orson Welles: She's just another piece in his collection. Another animal in his zoo.
- Herman Mankiewicz: Well to Hearst, that is love. "I love you, I built you a beautiful cage".
“Every man loves, Orson. Or has loved.”
“Everything I am, everything I could be is in that picture!”
“My battle with the world is almost over. Yours I'm afraid has just begun.”
“Today, a man from Germany invaded Greece. He's already swallowed Poland, Denmark, Norway and Belgium. He's bombing London as I speak. Everywhere this man goes, he crushes the life and the freedom of his subjects. He sews yellow stars on their lapels, he takes their voices. In this country, we still have our voices. We can argue with them, and we...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Who are these men you're afraid of? Who are these tiny fucking men? They're accountants.”
“- Herman Mankiewicz: It won't be easy having made your masterpiece at 26.
- Orson Welles: Is that what you think - that I'm just going to burn out at the ripe old age of 26?
- Herman Mankiewicz: All stars burn out, Orson. It's the flame that counts.”
“There is nothing to understand. Only this: I am a man who could have been great, but was not.”
“Orson, come into the light. Never stand in the shadows - you were made for the light. Always remember that.”