Opportunism quotes83 opportunism quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Mall Santa: That'll be three hundred.
- Howard Langston: Dollars?
- Mall Santa: No, chocolate kisses; yes, dollars!
- Howard Langston: I can't believe this, whatever happened to your lofty ideas huh? I though you're doing all this for the kids.
- Mall Santa: Well sure, but I don't see why we can't pick up a little loose change in the process.”
“I have done an unethical thing. I have taken your cigar and I am not taking your case.”
“- Linus Larrabee: She doesn't want money; she wants love.
- Oliver Larrabee: I thought they discontinued that model.”
“Democracy can be a wickedly unfair thing, Sabrina. Nobody poor was ever called democratic for marrying somebody rich.”
“- Lloyd Richards: There comes a time that a piano realizes that it has not written a concerto.
- Margo: And you, I take it, are the Paderewski who plays his concerto on me, the piano?”
“- Ronald Kornblow: You know, I think you're the most beautiful woman in the whole world.
- Beatrice Rheiner: Do you really?
- Ronald Kornblow: No, but I don't mind lying if it'll get me somewheres.”
“- Anne Larson: Are you studying now?
- Cecile: During vacation?
- Anne Larson: Well, you're going to take your examinations again, in October?
- Cecile: Why? Raymond never got a diploma.
- Anne Larson: Yes, but he worked hard, made quite a bit of money.
- Cecile: Well, if it's all gone, I'm sure they'll always be a man to take care of me. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Smolder Bravestone: What are you mad at me for?
- Moose Finbar: Why am I mad? Are you seriously asking me that? You got me kicked off the team and you got me stuck in whatever this is. And you wonder why we're not friends no more.
- Dr. Smolder Bravestone: Oh, this is why we're not friends anymore? Because you didn't want to get stuck in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rudy: I like her.
- Tripper: You're not exactly known for your taste. I'll probably just use her for the rest of the summer and then throw her on the scrap heap with all the rest of the women that I've destroyed.”
“Her father was very, very rich, and very, very sick. The doctors assured me he'd be dead any minute. There wasn't a second to lose! I rushed right out and married the boss's daughter. He was so sick, it was like the Angel of Death was sitting in the room with him, watching the clock. They pulled the plug on him... he wheezed and shook for about...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Friends don't pressure friends to sleep with them.”
“- Julia Russell: You did not want a woman to be interested in you just because you owned a pretty bank account.
- Luis Antonio Vargas: Um, yes.
- Julia Russell: Yes. Well, then we have something in common. We are both not to be trusted.”
“You won't be alone long. Wait till the news of your 5 millions hits the front pages. You'll find you've got relatives all over the world.”
“- Jenner: I learned this much: take what you can, when you can.
- Justin: Then you have learned nothing.”
“Nice guys are fine: you have to have somebody to take advantage of... but they always finish last.”
“Roz, my tender, oozing blossom, you're looking fabulous today. Is that a new haircut? Come on, tell me it's a new haircut, isn't it? It's got to be a new haircut. New makeup? You had a lift? You had a tuck? You had something? Something has been inserted in in you that makes you look... Listen, I need a favor.”
- Herman Mankiewicz: What about Marion?
- Orson Welles: She's just another piece in his collection. Another animal in his zoo.
- Herman Mankiewicz: Well to Hearst, that is love. "I love you, I built you a beautiful cage".