Artist quotes116 artist quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The chance to be both artistically appreciated and commercially appreciated... That's what you hope for.”
“A man can be an artist in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.”
“I wanted to be an artist. I wanted to be a psychiatrist. Eventually I became an actor so I guess it's a little bit of both.”
“I am an artisan. I only became an artist when people watch what I do.”
“I want to direct films, because I am a painter and a sculptor and I've done a lot of writing.”
“Every artist has to grow, and has to challenge themselves with a new form of expression.”
“I don't have actors in my family, but everyone is pretty artistic.”
“The more life you have, the more it's in your pores, the more able you are to be creative as an artist.”
“- Chas: I need a bohemian atmosphere! I'm an artist, Mr. Turner. Like yourself.
- Turner: You - juggle.”
“An artist must be cynical and not worry about the welfare of humans or Gods in his art.”
“Seurat confounds painting with science. He's lost himself in optical experiments. There's nothing more to expect from Renoir, Degas, Monet. They repeat themselves. They've given everything they could give.”
“- Madman: Are all painters crazy?
- Vincent van Gogh: Only the great ones.”
“Once in his lifetime, every artist feels the hand of God, and creates something that comes alive.”
“I am inspired by many mediums and use them to express varied aspects of my philosophies and life observations.”
“- Eric Stanton: I made it clear to you when I took this job. You can't tie me down. Cramps my style. I always work best when a certain feeling comes over me, and right now I haven't got it.
- Joe Ellis: [under his breath] Genius!
- Professor Madley: Eric my boy, you're an artist. You have my sympathy. And a bus ticket on the firm.”
“I thought actors were artists and that artists had to be European.”
“Good artists copy, great artists steal.”
“- Harold Hutchins: Separate classes lead to separate lives, which inevitably leads to robots.
- George Beard: Wait, what? Why are there robots at the mall?
- Harold Hutchins: Cuz it's the future. The future always has robots.
- George Beard: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Why are the robotsshooting other robots? Aren't they supposed to be friends?
- Harold...” (continue)(continue reading)
“An artist is someone who has learnt to trust in himself.”
“- Art Loving Woman: It's fascinating, isn't it? He has such... freedom.
- Tommy DeVito: Hmm. They should take it away.
- Art Loving Woman: The painting?
- Tommy DeVito: His freedom.”