Expectation quotes187 expectation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“My life didn't turn out the way I expected.”
“- Katarina Stratford: You don't always have to be who they want you to be, you know?
- Bianca Stratford: I happen to like being adored, thank you!”
“Nothin' happened the way it was supposed to happen.”
“- Jareth: Beware. I have been generous up 'til now. I can be cruel.
- Sarah: Generous? What have you done that's generous?
- Jareth: Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me, I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When you expect nothing and get everything, that’s destiny.”
“The definition of insanity is repeating the same behaviour over and over again, expecting different results.”
“You know when you see a fine hunny in the club, she lookin’ all good and shit under the lights and you start grindin’ on her, then the next day you go to pick her up, you're all happy and shit, but is high noon, she comes outta house and a fucking sea donkey clunks into your car!”
“He's a fox, and foxes have a predictable nature. Trust this Jew about that Jew. If you let him in the henhouse, you can expect blood and feathers everywhere.”
“- Sherry Wilson: I asked for nothing, I expected nothing and I got nothing.
- Vince Everett: What'd you expect for nothing?”
“Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.”
“- Donald Horner: So am I different to what you expected?
- Emily Walters: Hmm. Perhaps. You seem...
- Donald Horner: Go on.
- Emily Walters: Cleaner.
- Donald Horner: That's honest.”
“I'm not very well known. However, the more well known you get, the more people are going to have expectations of you. Although that's great, it also imposes certain pressures.”
“I think, Doctor, that you expect too much of people. If you do you'll always be disappointed.”
“You know, when I first came up, Casey and everybody gave me so much pressure, saying I was going to be the next Joe DiMaggio, so they gave me the number 6, right? Ruth was 3, Gehrig was 4, DiMaggio was 5, and me, number 6. I hated that. And the press, they were all over me, calling me a hillbilly. I was, I mean, I came in with a $4 suitcase and...” (continue)(continue reading)
- "Jackie-O" Pascal: Sorry about that, by the way, I didn't mean to maim you. I only meant to kill you.
- Marty Pascal: These things happen.
“I think it's the expectations and assumptions of others that cause heartache.”