Melanie Griffith quotes
“- Linda Voss: What do you want from me?
- Ed Leland: I want you to stop feeling sorry for yourself.
- Linda Voss: No, you want me to stop feeling, like you... You did love me, didn't you? I couldn't have been wrong.
- Ed Leland: You weren't.
- Linda Voss: Well then how do you stop, or want to?”
“There are no small parts; there are only small actors.”
“I can't have sex with you! My body belongs to my husband and there is no way that I could betray him in that way. But what I do from the neck up is a different story.”
“I am not steak. You can't just order me.”
“- Honey: Look at this dump of a town. Get me the fuck back to LA, God, if one more asshole mentions a crab cake to me I'm going to puke.
- Libby: Well, did you try the steamed crabs, they're red and really... tasty.
- Honey: No, I did not! I'm not interested in any kind of meal that you have to beat with a fucking mallet wearing some stupid kind...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Honey: Libby, do you think that Pat Nixon got fucked in this hotel room?
- Libby: What?
- Honey: It is called the Presidential Suite, isn't it?
- Libby: Yes, but...
- Honey: I bet she did. Call the manager and ask him.
- Libby: I can't ask that! Pat Nixon was a stroke victim!
- Honey: I believe it is your job to ask, is it not? Now call...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What's a war for, if not to hold on to what we love?”
“- Honey Whitlock: Rodney, why do you have to hurt me? Gay men are supposed to be gentle!
- Rodney: That's just it, Honey, I'm not gay. I'm straight and I fucking hate it! Petey loves me and I can't love him back. I tried. I kiss him, and all I feel is whiskers. I can't take that certain thickness in his pants. I'm ashamed of my heterosexuality!”
“- Willard Young: I'm always afraid of things. I don't know why, but I am. And I just thought if I did something that really scared me, maybe I wouldn't be afraid anymore.
- Lily Reed: Did it work?
- Willard Young: Yeah... it did.”
“He said no when he should've said yes. Mama, I killed him, cut his head off.”
“You're not hairy enough to be dangerous.”
“This is all so civilized, Edward. That's what you like, isn't it? Civilized people, polite ladies with pedigrees who look good at the opera, and never make you laugh too hard, and never make you feel too much. I've had a lot of time to think about this and don't tell me it's the war, when I've been waiting for six months to hear whether you're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- V: How should we do this? On the bed, or standing?
- Brad: I'll stand.
- V: I meant me.”
“- Drake Goodman: You have to remember this is an investment, Patty. You can't afford to do everything at once.
- Patty Palmer: It's not just an investment - it's our home.”
“I wish I had spurs.”
“- Willard Young: I think she's fat.
- Lily Reed: No, she's not fat, she's voluptuous.
- Willard Young: What does that mean?
- Lily Reed: That means that she's fat in all the right places.”
“- Tess McGill: How did you get the scar?
- Jack Trainer: Some guy pulled a knife in Detroit.
- Tess McGill: Really?
- Jack Trainer: No. No. I was nineteen and I thought it'd be cool to have a pierced ear. My girlfriend stuck the needle through and I heard this pop and fainted and hit my chin on the toilet.”