Fire quotes109 fire quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Let me put it this way. I'm standing in front of a burning house, and I'm offering you fire insurance on it.”
“- Pete Sandich: Love! Ain't what it used to be.
- Al Yackey: Oh there's only ever been two kinds: There's lash fires, which are all flame, burn themselves out and leave nothing. Then there's the long burning. That is nature's burn. Even when you think it's out, the forest floor is warm to the touch. That's the kind you and Dorinda got.
- Pete...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dewey Finn: You, Freddy, what do you like to do?
- Freddy Jones: I dunno... burn stuff?”
“- State Trooper: What the hell are you driving here?
- Del Griffith: We had a small fire last night, but we caught it in the nick of time.
- State Trooper: Do you have any idea how fast you were going?
- Del Griffith: Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The kid makes fires. And not such little ones. He played hooky from summer school and even made fires on the beach where it's forbidden. What the hell does the kid see when he just stares into the flames? Is it the eternal power of the universe? The conversion of mass into energy? The Furies at work? Whatever his motive, it is not appreciated.”
“- Ted 'Old Man' Clemens: Who the hell is it? What do you want? Judas Priest, Barbara, it's one of those flaming bags again.
- Barbara: Don't put it out with your boots, Ted.
- Ted 'Old Man' Clemens: Don't tell me my business, Devil Woman. Call the fire department, this one's outta control.”
“Sif-I've got this completely under control!
Thor-Is that why everything's on fire?”
“They're dancing while the world burns. Barely notices that it's burning, and why would they? Their weather is just right.”
“You can't give hipsters a microphone, that's like throwing gasoline on a pretentious fire!”
“Elizabeth-So, we have an address, a dry cleaning ticket and a book of matches. You know what that means?
David-We could start a very small fire?”
“I was gonna carry you with me in my heart like an eternal flame you stupid complainer.”
“Fighting fire with fire is a treacherous business.”
“Sometimes I let matches burn down to my fingertips just to feel something, anything.”
“- Elsa: You can't just follow me into fire!
- Anna: You don't want me following you into fire? Then don't run into fire!”
“- Inga: Where did you get all these scars?
- Luke: Well, let's see. Skateboard... Truck accident... Fire hydrant.
- Inga: I bet each one has its own exciting story, no?
- Luke: No, not really. I skateboarded off of a truck into a fire hydrant.”
“- Back Lack: What a waste of brandy.
- Arthur: But doesn't it make the palace burn well?”
“- Hulk: Hulk always... always angry.
- Thor: I know. We're the same, you and I. Just a couple of hot-headed fools.
- Hulk: Yeah, same. Hulk like fire, Thor like water.
- Thor: Well, we're kind of both like fire.
- Hulk: But Hulk like real fire. Like... raging fire. Thor like smouldering fire.”