Fire quotes99 fire quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Dewey Finn: You, Freddy, what do you like to do?
- Freddy Jones: I dunno... burn stuff?”
“- Elsa: You can't just follow me into fire!
- Anna: You don't want me following you into fire? Then don't run into fire!”
“The kid makes fires. And not such little ones. He played hooky from summer school and even made fires on the beach where it's forbidden. What the hell does the kid see when he just stares into the flames? Is it the eternal power of the universe? The conversion of mass into energy? The Furies at work? Whatever his motive, it is not appreciated.”
“- Inga: Where did you get all these scars?
- Luke: Well, let's see. Skateboard... Truck accident... Fire hydrant.
- Inga: I bet each one has its own exciting story, no?
- Luke: No, not really. I skateboarded off of a truck into a fire hydrant.”
“- Back Lack: What a waste of brandy.
- Arthur: But doesn't it make the palace burn well?”
“- Hulk: Hulk always... always angry.
- Thor: I know. We're the same, you and I. Just a couple of hot-headed fools.
- Hulk: Yeah, same. Hulk like fire, Thor like water.
- Thor: Well, we're kind of both like fire.
- Hulk: But Hulk like real fire. Like... raging fire. Thor like smouldering fire.”
“- Tyler: Got a match or something?
- Panic: Yeah. Hold on.
- Tyler: My grandfather told me this. They're too tough to squash.”
“Some guys on this job, the fire owns them, makes 'em fight it on it's level, but the only way to truly kill it is to love it a little.”
“Once you are inside, the doors are chained and locked from the outside. They will not be opened again until morning, no matter what. Should a fire occur due to our faulty wiring or, uh, the fireworks factory upstairs you will be incinerated along with the valuables that you have hidden in your anus. Tips are greatly appreciated.”
“Let me put it this way. I'm standing in front of a burning house, and I'm offering you fire insurance on it.”
“- Pete Sandich: Love! Ain't what it used to be.
- Al Yackey: Oh there's only ever been two kinds: There's lash fires, which are all flame, burn themselves out and leave nothing. Then there's the long burning. That is nature's burn. Even when you think it's out, the forest floor is warm to the touch. That's the kind you and Dorinda got.
- Pete...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ben: That's Scout Leader Rogers!
- Carter: He looks like shit!
- Augie: I set him on fire.
- [everyone looks at him]
- Augie: He tried to eat me!”
“Fire doesn't cleanse, it blackens!”
“You know what it's like when you burn your hand, taking a cake out of the oven, or lighting one of them godless cigarettes? And it stings with a fearful pain, aye? And you run to clap a bit of butter on it to take the pain away, aye? Well, I'll tell ye, there'll be no butter in hell!”
“It's a living thing, Brian. It breathes, it eats, and it hates. The only way to beat it is to think like it. To know that this flame will spread this way across the door and up across the ceiling, not because of the physics of flammable liquids, but because it wants to.”
“- Ranger at Old Faithful: There are over 200 active geysers in Yellowstone Park. Old Faithful here is one of the largest. During an eruption, the geyser can reach as high as 200 feet.
- Butt-head: So?
- Ranger at Old Faithful: The - the geyser shoots out over 12,000 gallons in a single eruption.”
“- Harper Pitt: I burned dinner.
- Joe Pitt: I'm sorry.
- Harper Pitt: Not my dinner, my dinner was fine. Your dinner. I put it back in the oven and turned everything up as high as it could go and I watched 'til it burned black. It's still hot, very hot, want it?”