John Malkovich quotes
“It's at the beginning and end of war that we have to watch out. In between, it's like a country club.”
“- George Milton: Guys like us that work on ranches are the loneliest guys in the world. They ain't got no family and they don't belong no place. They got nothin' to look ahead to...
- Lennie Small: But not us George. Tell about us.
- George Milton: Well, we ain't like that. We got a future. We got somebody to talk to that gives a damn about us.”
“- Mary Reilly: He said you have an illness. What kind of an illness?
- Dr. Henry Jekyll: You might call it a fracture in my soul, something which left me with a taste for oblivion.”
“- George Milton: Lennie! Listen to me, God damn it! Don't you even look at her! I don't care what she says or what she does, she's a rat trap if I ever seen one.
- Lennie Small: But I wasn't doing nothing.
- George Milton: No, but when she was shoving her legs around you weren't looking the other way neither. Keep away from her!”
“- Lennie Small: I seen your light.
- Crooks: Yeah, well, I got a right to have a light. Now I ain't wanted in those bunkhouses and you ain't wanted in my room.
- Lennie Small: Why ain't you wanted?
- Crooks: Because I'm black! And they say I stink. Well, I tell you - all of y'all stink to me!”
“- Vicomte de Valmont: I often wonder how you manage to invent yourself.
- Marquise de Merteuil: Well, I had no choice, did I? I'm a woman. Women are obliged to be far more skillful than men. You can ruin our reputation and our life with a few well-chosen words. So, of course, I had to invent, not only myself, but ways of escape no one has every...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Jimmy Harrell-The pressure test costs about what, a hundred and fifteen thousand? BP is a thirty three billion dollar company, and you say you can't afford...
Vidrine-That is why we are a thirty SIX billion dollar company, because we worry about all those bills.
Jimmy Harrell-I worry about my rig! My people live on it. You just rent it!”
“I believe there is a higher degree of probability she’s wearing those type of panties than no panties at all.”
“I don’t know if that is a noun, a verb, or an adjective describing my outfit.”
“Every contact we've had with the outside has brought us death!”
“That's the history of the world, Lieutenant. Some people die before their time so that others can live. It's the cornerstone of civilization.”
“- Frank: Is that a stick of dynamite in your pocket?
- Marvin: Yeah, but I'm saving it for emergency.”
“We are going to get one of the three R's: the roof, the river, or the revolver.”
“- Orson Welles: I expected better of you, Mank.
- Herman Mankiewicz: Me too, but I got used to it.”
“- Al Rockoff: It bothers me that you let Pran stay in Cambodia because you wanted to win that fucking award and you knew you needed him!
- Sydney Schanberg: I had no idea that...
- Al Rockoff: The fuck you didn't! The fuck you didn't!”
“- Amanda Wingfield: Rise and shine! Rise and shine!
- Tom Wingfield: I will rise but I will not shine...”
“Kids, what happens in the Kremlin stays in the Kremlin.”
“- Jeremy: Why do you keep running away from me? There's nothing to be afraid of.
- Eliot: I know that. I'm not running away from you. I don't like you. I don't like what you say, and I don't like the way you talk about my friends. I know what you're thinking: here is this poor, repressed faggot from the boroughs who needs to get laid, and you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If it's not in frame, it doesn't exist.”
“You want me to do the impossible and you want me to do it alone?”