Liev Schreiber quotes
“Sometimes we don't pick the books we read, they pick us.”
“- Orson Welles: I expected better of you, Mank.
- Herman Mankiewicz: Me too, but I got used to it.”
“Women have changed since your time, Leo. They've become dangerous!”
“Let the weight of our loss fuel you. Let the weight of our dead embolden you. Let the weight of our hope drive you to victory. Can you do that?”
“- Ben Parish: What did we do to deserve...
- Colonel Vosch: Nothing. Other than occupy a space we need. We're not that different, Ben. Your kind would do exactly the same thing.
- Ben Parish: No. Our kind wouldn't have wiped out an entire species.
- Colonel Vosch: Of course you would. You've been doing it for centuries.”
“Our intelligence tells us The Others are readying themselves for a final attack. The 5th Wave. What form it will take, we do not know. If they are successful, there will be no more Waves. No more conflicts. Humanity as we know it will be wiped from the face of the Earth.”
“- Ben Bradlee Jr.: You wanna sue the Church?
- Marty Baron: Technically we wouldn't sue the Church, we'd file a motion to lift the seal on the documents.
- Ben Bradlee Jr.: The Church will read that as us suing them. So will everybody else.
- Marty Baron: Good to know.”
“- Marty Baron: Whether Mr Garabedian is a 'crank' or not, he says he has documents that prove that Cardinal knew.
- Ben Bradlee Jr.: As I understand that those documents are under seal.
- Marty Baron: Okay, but the fact remains a Boston priest abused 80 kids, we have a lawyer who says he can prove Law knew about it and we've written all of......” (continue)(continue reading)
“Dogs are colourblind, Gretchen. They don't see colour. Just like we don't see time. We can feel it, we can feel it passing, but we can't see it.”
“We need to focus on the institution, not the individual priests. Practice and policy; show me the church manipulated the system so that these guys wouldn't have to face charges, show me they put those same priests back into parishes time and time again. Show me this was systemic, that it came from the top, down.”
“- Ned: You're not talking to people you don't know, are you?
- Jonah: Uhh, you mean potential pedophiles?
- Ned: Mm-hm.
- Jonah: Just ones that live around here.”
“We come in peace. Hm, I always wanted to say that.”
- Herman Mankiewicz: What about Marion?
- Orson Welles: She's just another piece in his collection. Another animal in his zoo.
- Herman Mankiewicz: Well to Hearst, that is love. "I love you, I built you a beautiful cage".
“- Robert Thorn: I never want to see or hear from you again.
- Father Brennan: You'll see me in hell Mr. Thorn. We'll spend eternity together.”
“I find that the most interestingly written parts happen to be the bad guys.”