- Movie quotes
- Down and Out in Beverly Hills
“Down and Out in Beverly Hills” quotes
Title Down and Out in Beverly Hills
Plot – Jerry Baskin is a vagabond who lives in Los Angeles with his dog Matisse. One day the dog disappears and Jerry vainly looks for him. He's desperate, he enters the garden of a beautiful villa and attempts suicide by throwing himself in the big pool. Dave Whiteman, the owner, notices him and saves the man. Jerry is hosted several days by Whiteman family because Dave wants to help the vagabond at all costs. His extravagant son Max immediately likes the stranger, while his wife Barbara, busy in yoga sessions, is undecided whether to keep Jerry at home or not.
All actors – Nick Nolte, Bette Midler, Richard Dreyfuss, Little Richard, Tracy Nelson, Elizabeth Peña, Evan Richards, Mike the Dog, Donald F. Muhich, Paul Mazursky, Valerie Curtin, Jack Bruskoff
“- Dave Whiteman: I thought we weren't going to drink anymore.
- Barbara Whiteman: Well, Dave. Yeah, it's true. I am a vegetarian. But I hear that vodka comes from a potato!”
“- Jenny Whiteman: Daddy, you work very hard for your money. You don't have to justify anything.
- Dave Whiteman: I know, it's just that, you know... maybe I'm feeling a little guilty.
- Jenny Whiteman: Guilt sucks.”
“- Dr. Von Zimmer: Has there been some recentchange in living arrangements?
- Barbara Whiteman: We have a houseguest.
- Dr. Von Zimmer: Oh. How long are you staying?
- Dave Whiteman: He's staying as long as he likes. And if the doggy doesn't like it, then the doggy can find other living arrangements.”
“- Dave Whiteman: Who's going to run my business? Who's going to pay my bills? Who's...
- Jerry Baskin: You got enough money to last ten lifetimes!
- Dave Whiteman: Maybe I ought to become a bum. No job, no responsibilities...
- Jerry Baskin: You wouldn't last five minutes.”