Father quotes689 father quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- T'Chaka: What is wrong, my son?
- T'Challa: I am not ready, Baba.
- T'Chaka: Have you not prepared to be king your whole life? Have you not trained and studied, been by my side?
- T'Challa: That is not what I am talking about. I am not ready to be without you.
- T'Chaka: A man who has not prepared his children for his own death has failed as a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Izabella: Your daughter, what would you say to her?
- Cade Yeager: Brush your teeth, work hard, stay away from any boy in a band. Especially a drummer.”
“I respect my father very much, but I'm a very different person than he was.”
“Any fool with a dick can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children.”
“He's not afraid of losing. He's afraid of losing your love. How many ball players grow up afraid of losing their fathers' love every time they come up to the plate?”
“People always thought I grew up on a farm. And I guess, in a way, I did. But I lived a lifetime before that, in those six weeks on the road in the winter of 1931. When people ask me if Michael Sullivan was a good man, or if there was just no good in him at all, I always give the same answer. I just tell them... he was my father.”
You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope: "someday, my son will grow to be a man". Well look at you now; you just got your asses whipped, by a bunch of goddamn nerds.
"When I was a little girl, my daddy used to spank my bare bottom. Now he's gone. Will you take his place?". Call Misty!
“- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: I am not your son. And I've never thought of you as my father. You've been much too informal to me for that. Do you ever think about him? And what do you think about?
- Heinrich Harrer: It's not a conscious thought really, Kundun. He is always there. When I crossed Tibet he was with me. When I came to Lhasa he was...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't want your life!”
“- Marianne Borg: You're a coward.
- Dr. Evald Borg: Yes. This life sickens me. I will not be forced to take on a responsibility that will make me live for one day longer than I want to. And you know that I mean what I say.”
“If you want to give me a present, give me a good life. That's something I can value.”
- Dell Scott: You see, my dad was a artist.
- Philip Lacasse: He was?
- Dell Scott: Con. Con artist. I ain't never see him, though. Unless you wanna count the time we spent together in lockup. We was in prison together. Sweet, right? You know what he said when he saw me, man? He said, "welcome home". Can you imagine saying some shit like that to... (continue)(continue reading)
“I am a family man, and my most important role is a father to my son.”
“People don't accept mothers who drink too much wine and yell at their child and call him an asshole. I get it. I do it too. We can accept an imperfect dad. Let's face it, the idea of a good father was only invented like 30 years ago. Before that, fathers were expected to be silent and absent and unreliable and selfish, and can all say we want...” (continue)(continue reading)