Father quotes700 father quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- T'Chaka: What is wrong, my son?
- T'Challa: I am not ready, Baba.
- T'Chaka: Have you not prepared to be king your whole life? Have you not trained and studied, been by my side?
- T'Challa: That is not what I am talking about. I am not ready to be without you.
- T'Chaka: A man who has not prepared his children for his own death has failed as a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Izabella: Your daughter, what would you say to her?
- Cade Yeager: Brush your teeth, work hard, stay away from any boy in a band. Especially a drummer.”
“Having you in his life doesn't mean less for me. It means more for him.”
“I respect my father very much, but I'm a very different person than he was.”
“Any fool with a dick can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children.”
“You will be different, sometimes you'll feel like an outcast, but you'll never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son.”
“He's not afraid of losing. He's afraid of losing your love. How many ball players grow up afraid of losing their fathers' love every time they come up to the plate?”
“- Michael Cutler: If I went with you, where would we go? Where would we end up?
- Lincoln Hawk: Together is all I can guarantee. I'm just a father who messed up pretty bad, I know that. I've done things real wrong, now I want to try fix things up as best I can. I want to give... you... what's inside of me. I may not have much and I may never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Dad, you're my father. I'm your son. I love you. I always have and I always will. But you think of yourself as a colored man. I think of myself as a man.”
“Sons are put on this Earth to trouble their fathers.”
“People always thought I grew up on a farm. And I guess, in a way, I did. But I lived a lifetime before that, in those six weeks on the road in the winter of 1931. When people ask me if Michael Sullivan was a good man, or if there was just no good in him at all, I always give the same answer. I just tell them... he was my father.”
You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope: "someday, my son will grow to be a man". Well look at you now; you just got your asses whipped, by a bunch of goddamn nerds.
“The terminator would never stop. It would never leave him, and it would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die, to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years this thing, this machine, was the only one...” (continue)(continue reading)
"When I was a little girl, my daddy used to spank my bare bottom. Now he's gone. Will you take his place?". Call Misty!
“- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: I am not your son. And I've never thought of you as my father. You've been much too informal to me for that. Do you ever think about him? And what do you think about?
- Heinrich Harrer: It's not a conscious thought really, Kundun. He is always there. When I crossed Tibet he was with me. When I came to Lhasa he was...” (continue)(continue reading)