Father quotes683 father quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- T'Chaka: What is wrong, my son?
- T'Challa: I am not ready, Baba.
- T'Chaka: Have you not prepared to be king your whole life? Have you not trained and studied, been by my side?
- T'Challa: That is not what I am talking about. I am not ready to be without you.
- T'Chaka: A man who has not prepared his children for his own death has failed as a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Izabella: Your daughter, what would you say to her?
- Cade Yeager: Brush your teeth, work hard, stay away from any boy in a band. Especially a drummer.”
“I respect my father very much, but I'm a very different person than he was.”
“He's not afraid of losing. He's afraid of losing your love. How many ball players grow up afraid of losing their fathers' love every time they come up to the plate?”
You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope: "someday, my son will grow to be a man". Well look at you now; you just got your asses whipped, by a bunch of goddamn nerds.
“I don't want your life!”
“- Marianne Borg: You're a coward.
- Dr. Evald Borg: Yes. This life sickens me. I will not be forced to take on a responsibility that will make me live for one day longer than I want to. And you know that I mean what I say.”
“If you want to give me a present, give me a good life. That's something I can value.”
- Dell Scott: You see, my dad was a artist.
- Philip Lacasse: He was?
- Dell Scott: Con. Con artist. I ain't never see him, though. Unless you wanna count the time we spent together in lockup. We was in prison together. Sweet, right? You know what he said when he saw me, man? He said, "welcome home". Can you imagine saying some shit like that to... (continue)(continue reading)
“I am a family man, and my most important role is a father to my son.”
“People don't accept mothers who drink too much wine and yell at their child and call him an asshole. I get it. I do it too. We can accept an imperfect dad. Let's face it, the idea of a good father was only invented like 30 years ago. Before that, fathers were expected to be silent and absent and unreliable and selfish, and can all say we want...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Steve Trevor: Have you never met a man before? What about your father?
- Diana Prince: I had no father. My mother sculpted me from clay and I was brought to life by Zeus.
- Steve Trevor: Well, that's neat... Where I come from, babies are made differently.”
“I do what I do because of my dad.”
“- Nicole: So, how do you know my dad?
- Stu: He kidnapped me. We killed some people.
- Nicole: Huh.”
“- Baravelli: Do you honor your father and mother?
- Titta: Yes, but they don't honor me. They beat me.
- Baravelli: You must annoy them.”
“- Walter White: I have made a series of very bad decisions and I cannot make another one.
- Gus: Why did you make these decisions?
- Walter White: For the good of my family.
- Gus: Then they weren't bad decisions. What does a man do, Walter? A man provides for his family.
- Walter White: This cost me my family.
- Gus: When you have children, you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Karen: Judging from the things you and other folks have written about him, your dad must be quite a guy.
- Walter Jr.: Yeah, he is. He's the best.
- Karen: You don't want to lose him, do you, Walter?
- Walter Jr. None of us do. We love him.
- Karen: He's a good man, isn't he?
- Walter Jr.: Absolutely. Ask anyone, anybody. He's a great father,...” (continue)(continue reading)