“Back to the Future” quotes(1985)
Robert Zemeckis directed this movie in 1985
Title Back to the Future
Director Robert Zemeckis
Genre Sci-Fi, Comedy, Adventure
Director Robert Zemeckis
Genre Sci-Fi, Comedy, Adventure
Plot – Dr. Brown is a wild scientist who invented a time machine that works perfectly. Brown has just finished explaining Marty, his young friend, how to use the vehicle, when the Libyan terrorists show up, looking after Doc who has stolen their plutonium, the time machine’s propellant. They take him out and Marty manages to run away by activating the vehicle, which brings him back to 1955. Here he meets his still young parents and misadventures are to follow. It is now a classic, a movie that spreads nostalgia for the ‘50s and the Reganian period. This clever screenplay is directed by Zemeckis and produced by Spielberg.
All actors – Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover, Thomas F. Wilson, Claudia Wells, Marc McClure, Wendie Jo Sperber, George DiCenzo, Frances Lee McCain, James Tolkan, J.J. Cohen, Casey Siemaszko, Billy Zane, Harry Waters Jr., Donald Fullilove, Lisa Freeman, Cristen Kauffman, Elsa Raven, Will Hare, Ivy Bethune, Jason Marin, Katherine Britton, Jason Hervey, Maia Brewton, Courtney Gains, Richard L. Duran, Jeff O'Haco, Johnny Green, Jamie Abbott, Norman Alden, Read Morgan, Sachi Parker, Robert Krantz, Gary Riley, Karen Petrasek, George 'Buck' Flower, Tommy Thomas, Granville 'Danny' Young, David Harold Brown, Lloyd L. Tolbert, Paul Hanson, Lee Brownfield, Robert DeLapp, Walter Scott, Charles L. Campbell, Deborah Harmon, Janine King, Huey Lewis, Tom Tangenshow all
“Back to the Future” Quotes 24 quotes
“- Linda McFly: If Paul calls, tell him I'm working late at the boutique tonight.
- Dave McFly: Linda, first of all, I'm not your answering service; second of all, somebody named Greg or Craig called you just a little while ago.
- Linda McFly: Well, which one was it, Greg or Craig?
- Dave McFly: I don't know! I can't keep up of all of your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Last night, Darth Vader came down from Planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn’t take Lorraine out, that he’d melt my brain.”
“Since when can weathermen predict the weather, let alone the future?”
“What happens to us in the future? Do we become assholes or something?”
“Next Saturday night, we're sending you back to the future!”
“- Mr. Strickland: I noticed your band is on the roster for the dance auditions after school today. Why even bother, McFly? You don't have a chance. You're too much like your old man. No McFly ever amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!
- Marty McFly: Yeah, well, history is gonna change.”
“- Dr. Emmett Brown: I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.
- Marty McFly: Doc, you don't just walk into a store and-and buy plutonium! Did you rip that off?
- Dr. Emmett Brown: Of course. From a group of Libyan nationalists. They wanted me to build them a bomb, so I took their plutonium and, in turn, gave...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lorraine Baines: Marty? Why are you so nervous?
- Marty McFly: Lorraine. Have you ever been in a situation where you knew you had to act a certain way, but when you got there, you didn't know if you could go through with it?
- Lorraine Baines: You mean like how you're supposed to act on a first date?
- Marty McFly: Sort of.
- Lorraine Baines:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Emmett Brown: Then tell me, future boy, who's President of the United States in 1985?
- Marty McFly: Ronald Reagan.
- Dr. Emmett Brown: Ronald Reagan? The actor?”
“- Dr. Emmett Brown: Now, remember. According to my theory, you interfered with your parents' first meeting. If they don't meet, they won't fall in love, they won't get married and they won't have kids. That's why your older brother's disappearing from that photograph. Your sister will follow, and unless you repair the damage, you'll be next.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.”
“You know, Marty, I'm gonna be very sad to see you go. You've really made a difference in my life. You've given me something to shoot for. Just knowing that I'm going to be around to see 1985. That I'm gonna succeed in this! That I'm gonna have a chance to travel through time! It's gonna be really hard waiting 30 years before I can talk to you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Marty, don't be such a square. Everybody who's anybody drinks.”
“Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?”
“- George McFly: Lorraine. My density has brought me to you.
- Lorraine Baines: What?
- George McFly: Oh. What I meant to say was...
- Lorraine Baines: Wait a minute. Don't I know you from somewhere?
- George McFly: Yes. Yes. I'm George. George McFly. I'm your density. I mean, your destiny.”
“- Dr. Emmett Brown: What on Earth is this thing I'm wearing?
- Marty McFly: Ah, this, this is a radiation suit.
- Dr. Emmett Brown: Radiation suit? Of course. 'Cause of all the fallout from the atomic wars.”
“- Goldie Wilson: Say! Why do you let those boys push you around like that for?
- George McFly: Well, they're bigger than me.
- Goldie Wilson: Stand tall, boy. Have some respect for yourself. Don't you know, if you let people walk over you now, they'll be walking over you for the rest of your life.”
“I'm sure that in 1985, plutonium is available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955, it's a little hard to come by.”
“- Marty McFly: Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, uh, are you telling me you built a time machine … out of a DeLorean?
- Dr. Emmett Brown: The way I see it, if you’re going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?”