Guilt quotes171 guilt quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Fear is the tax that conscience pays to guilt.”
“We can no long wear the uniform of the soldier. We forfeited that right and that includes me. I disobeyed an executive order, I violated my duty as a commanding officer. And eight men paid a catastrophic price. It's a mistake not easy to live with. So here I am just like you, a convicted criminal. Only difference between you and me is, I know...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Anyone's guilty who lets these things happens and pretends like it isn't. No, he was guilty all right. Just as guilty as the fanatics who pulled the trigger. Maybe we all are.”
“- Brown: What am I guilty of?
- Ray: Being a cunt, Brown. Being a cunt.”
“Fact is, all lies, all evil deeds, they stink. You can cover them up for a while, but they don't go away.”
“Guilt is such a useless emotion.”
“All I was guilty of, was showing these men mercy when no one else would.”
“- Pete Menzies: Convictions. Sure. How many did you frame?
- Quinlan: Nobody.
- Pete Menzies: Come on, Hank. How many did you frame?
- Quinlan: I told you. Nobody. Nobody that wasn't guilty. Guilty. Guilty.”
“Where I come from, when the government says someone's guilty, that's how you know they're innocent.”
“- Juror #6: You think he's not guilty, huh?
- Juror #8: I don't know. It's possible.”
“- Juror #2: It's hard to put into words. I just think he's guilty. I thought it was obvious from the word, 'Go'. Nobody proved otherwise.
- Juror #8: Nobody has to prove otherwise. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. The defendant doesn't even have to open his mouth. That's in the Constitution.”
“- Helen Parr: Who did I put in jail?
- Evelyn Deavor: Pizza delivery guy. Seemed the right height, build. He gave you a pretty good fight. I should say I gave you a pretty good fight through him.
- Helen Parr: But it doesn't bother you that an innocent man is in jail?
- Evelyn Deavor: Eh, he was surly. And the pizza was cold.”
“- George Grisby: Beautiful, isn't it.
- Michael O'Hara: The beach, you mean, or the tourists?
- George Grisby: Everything!
- Michael O'Hara: There's a fair face to the land; but, you can't hide the hunger and guilt. It's a bright, guilty world.”
“In a democracy, we do not shoot unarmed suspects on sight for a murder in which their participation is still unproven.”
“We need guilt, Doctor. And shame. But not yours.”
“You stay the fuck away from me Ryan okay! You're the whole reason we're in this friggen mess. Get out! And Get me out!”
“I should have let him be punished then, along with the other filth. But he was my only son. His mother died giving birth to him. He and I are all each other have. I was afraid for him. Afraid for me. See, I was a public figure. So I did things. I fixed it.”
“- Eddie Mannix: Bless me, father, for I have sinned.
- Priest: How long since your last confession, son?
- Eddie Mannix: 27 hours.
- Priest: It's really too often. You're not that bad.”
“I used to believe in this sport and Armstrong is killing it!”
“It's important to feel guilty. Otherwise, you're capable of terrible things.”