Taxes quotes52 taxes quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Children are hideous little creatures. Terrible, taxing burdens.”
“When ya steal from the government, you're stealing from yourself, ya dumb ox.”
“These guys are about as much fun as a tax audit.”
“They're the police. Hey, your taxes are paying their salaries. We die, they gotta take a pay cut.”
“Because I'm a resident of England, Britannia taxes my Hollywood income as well. I bought a house at Regent's Park so I pay property taxes on that too. My agent gets 10 percent, incidentals account for another 10 percent and living expenses for 25 percent. So there's always a deficit. No wonder Charles Laughton, Robert Donat, Leslie Howard don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mark Van Doren: Why don't you just put it in the bank Charlie? That's what I've always done with my prizemoney.
- Charles Van Doren: It's just, you don't understand dad, it's, there are all sorts of tax implications.
- Mark Van Doren: You think I can't understand the concept of taxes.
- Charles Van Doren: At this level it's a bit more...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you tell the government they will take forty percent of it. Forty percent! Do you know how much that is? That's nearly all of it.”
“- Will Parker: Are you expecting anybody?
- Joe Heiser: Well, it might be the IRS.
- Will Parker: Maybe its the Australians coming to spy on us!”
“I was a damn good shrink. Nineteen years I worked with a lot of people through a lot of shit. I loved being a doctor. I used to not charge half my patients. Then the fucking state comes along, they send in some bitch undercover, and I'm fucked. Life isn't fair, is it?”