Taxes quotes51 taxes quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“When ya steal from the government, you're stealing from yourself, ya dumb ox.”
“These guys are about as much fun as a tax audit.”
“They're the police. Hey, your taxes are paying their salaries. We die, they gotta take a pay cut.”
“Because I'm a resident of England, Britannia taxes my Hollywood income as well. I bought a house at Regent's Park so I pay property taxes on that too. My agent gets 10 percent, incidentals account for another 10 percent and living expenses for 25 percent. So there's always a deficit. No wonder Charles Laughton, Robert Donat, Leslie Howard don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mark Van Doren: Why don't you just put it in the bank Charlie? That's what I've always done with my prizemoney.
- Charles Van Doren: It's just, you don't understand dad, it's, there are all sorts of tax implications.
- Mark Van Doren: You think I can't understand the concept of taxes.
- Charles Van Doren: At this level it's a bit more...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you tell the government they will take forty percent of it. Forty percent! Do you know how much that is? That's nearly all of it.”
“- Will Parker: Are you expecting anybody?
- Joe Heiser: Well, it might be the IRS.
- Will Parker: Maybe its the Australians coming to spy on us!”
“I was a damn good shrink. Nineteen years I worked with a lot of people through a lot of shit. I loved being a doctor. I used to not charge half my patients. Then the fucking state comes along, they send in some bitch undercover, and I'm fucked. Life isn't fair, is it?”