Anjelica Huston quotes
“- Morticia Addams: Gomez.
- Gomez Addams: Querida?
- Morticia Addams: Last night you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again!”
Our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc". We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.
“- Bobo Justus: Did I buy you that dress you piece of shit?
- Lilly Dillon: Well I guess so, you're the guy I work for.”
“All social life is now charity fund-raisers. I get fifteen letters a day for everything from Yugoslavian dog illnesses to marathon-runners' nipple diseases.”
“- Roy Dillon: I guess I owe you my life, Lilly.
- Lilly Dillon: You always did, Roy.”
“- Gomez Addams: How long has it been since we've waltzed?
- Morticia Addams: Oh, Gomez... hours.”
“- Royal Tenenbaum: You can't raise boys to be scared of life. You gotta brew some recklessness into them.
- Etheline Tenenbaum: I think that's terrible advice.”
“Nothing is final 'til you're dead, and even then, I'm sure God negotiates.”
“My biggest ambition is never to be bored. I'm not aggressive enough to strongly run after being an actress.”
“Where there is age there is evolution, where there is life there is growth.”
“- Morticia Addams: So... you still desire me after all these years? The old ball and chain?
- Gomez Addams: Forever!”
“- Rodmilla: Marguerite, precious, what do I always say about tone?
- Jacqueline: A lady of breeding ought never to raise her voice any louder than the... gentle hum of a whisper in the wind.
- Rodmilla: Jacqueline, dear, do not speak unless you can improve the silence.”
“- Bobo Justus: One question. Do you want to stick to that story, or do you want to keep your teeth?
- Lilly Dillon: I want to keep my teeth.”
“Witches of England... you are a disgrace! Miserable witches... you are good-for-nothing worms! Everywhere I look, I see the repulsive sight of hundreds, thousands of revolting little children...”
“It's so sweet. He looks just like a little entrée.”
“- Eleanor Zissou: Oh, Shit. What do you want?
- Steve Zissou: Do you mind if I butter you up a little before I answer that question?
- Eleanor Zissou: Yes, I do. Tell me now.
- Steve Zissou: I need some money to get the boat out of hock and rescue my bond company stooge who got kidnapped. Could we ask your parents to loan it to me?
- Eleanor...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tamara: The truth is, I have no claim on him. He probably always loved you. I'm, I'm sure he slept with you before me.
- Yadwiga: Oh, no! I was an innocent girl! I came to him a virgin.
- Tamara: Oh, congratulations. Men love virgins. If every man had his way, every woman would lie down a prostitute and get up a virgin.”
“- Morticia Addams: Children, this is Miss Jellinsky, our new nanny. What do we say?
- Wednesday Addams: Be afraid. Be very afraid.”
“- Gomez Addams: To live without you, only that would be torture.
- Morticia Addams: A day alone, only that would be death.”