“Moscow on the Hudson” quotes(1984)
Plot – Vladimir lives in Moscow working as a saxophonist in a circus. He lives in a cluttered apartment with his family his routine, until he's stopped by the KGB. Taking advantage of a tour in USA, Vladimir escapes, but he realizes very quickly American life is even worser than Russian's. The film would be a hymn to Western freedom, despite the oppressive climate of Eastern Europe countries.
All actors – Robin Williams, Maria Conchita Alonso, Cleavant Derricks, Alejandro Rey, Saveliy Kramarov, Elya Baskin, Oleg Rudnik, Aleksandr Benyaminov, Lyudmila Kramarevskaya, Ivo Vrzal-Wiegand, Natalya Ivanova, Tiger Haynesshow all
“Moscow on the Hudson” Quotes 12 quotes
“Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning. Today you will become citizens of the United States of America. No longer are you an Englishman, Italian, a Pole or whatever, neither will you be a hyphenated American. From this day you are no longer a subject of a governement, but an intergal part of the government, a free man.”
“- Vladimir Ivanoff: You don't look like marxist.
- Veronica Cohen: I'm not. I'm a humanist. What does a marxist look like anyway?
- Vladimir Ivanoff: Usually has beard, mustache.
- Veronica Cohen: A-ha, the women too?
- Vladimir Ivanoff: In Russia, especially women.”
“In Moscow we fought for an inch of freedom! Here you take it and pour shit all over it.”
“This is New York City. A man can do whatever he wants.”
- Orlando Ramirez: My father was called Orlando. He rolled the finest cigars in Havana. "Orlando el Rey", they called him... "Orlando the King". Then Castro came along and my father was on his ass.
- Vladimir Ivanoff: Castro is a great man.
- Orlando Ramirez: Castro is a Cuban bullshit artist who has been taken in by Russian bullshit artists!
“Yesterday I bought my first pair of American shoes. They were made in Italy.”
“- Vladimir Ivanoff: That be two big Macs, one quarter pounder with cheese, six pieces chicken McNuggets, two boxes Ronald McDonald cookies, one order McFries, two chocolate McShakes. Meh that to go?
- Woman in McDonalds: No, I eat it here.
- Vladimir Ivanoff: Come back McSoon.”
“An artist without freedom is like a bird without wings.”