Justification quotes52 justification quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Don't hurt me! I think I may be a bleeder!”
“- Bobi Jewell: Why do you keep defending them?
- Richard Jewell: I'm not defending, just explaning.
- Bobi Jewell: Well, stop it!”
“- Senator Morton: You had no trouble, of course, with the police once they verified your alibi?
- Guy Haines: When an alibi is full of bourbon, sir, it can't stand up.”
“- Maria Tura: You certainly don't want me to waste a lot of time giving you a long explanation.
- Joseph Tura: No, but I think a husband is entitled to an inkling.”
“Oh, you poor, poor dear. You could have married Elliot Firestone, the man who invented the wheel. Instead you picked Fred Flintstone, the man who invented the excuse!”
“- Mrs. Gloria Teasdale: I was with him to the very end.
- Rufus T. Firefly: No wonder he passed away.”
“I didn't kill him. Maybe the guy cut himself shaving and bled to death looking for a Kleenex?”
“Never let a man spend the night, she said. Never apologize, never explain.”
“- Jerry: We can't get married at all.
- Osgood Fielding III: Why not?
- Jerry: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
- Osgood Fielding III: Doesn't matter.
- Jerry: I smoke! I smoke all the time!
- Osgood Fielding III: I don't care.
- Jerry: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone...” (continue)(continue reading)
The "big red dog" is diggin' in our backyard, and we are justified in shooting him!
“- Carl: I lost a contact lens back there.
- Doberman: Oh, really. Come here, let me see... You don't wear contacts.
- Carl: I lost both of 'em!”
Assassination's hard to justify when you're not at war, it's generally called "murder".
“You think a great offense is a great defense. Don't try to justify your behavior by insinuating things about me.”
“I'm not going to make excuses, I asked for this. All of it. And I did it to become someone else. And I wanted more.”
“Why do men feel they can justify death?”
“- Amanda Minchin: Sara, I shall expect an explanation of this.
- Sara Crewe: Yes, Miss Minchin. As soon as I can think of one.”
“- Eric Stratton: Ah, she broke our date.
- Donald Schoenstein: Washing her hair?
- Eric Stratton: Dead mother.”
“I don't want explanations. I want results!”