Nick Nolte quotes
“- Claire: Did you dream about Miss Panama last night?
- Russell Price: No, I dreamed about you.
- Claire: Have a good time?
- Russell Price: Yeah, and you did too!”
“Think about all those men out there, in their uniforms! Barking and swallowing orders! Inflicting their petty rule over the entire globe! Think of all the harm they've done! To you! To me! To humanity! And know this, that we can make them, and the flags, and the anthems, and the governments disappear! In a flash! You and me!”
“They got my buddy, man. Now they're going to kill him and that pretty lady. How am I going to let them do that? Did you see the way she walked to her fate? Nothing but class. She's the love of my life, no shit. Beats the hell out of all of them.”
“We're here as peace keepers, not peace makers.”
“- Jack Cates: So, how was it?
- Reggie Hammond: I'm not goin' in for all that macho shit, Jack. I was great. Should have my dick bronzed.”
“For them it is a man that counts. Not life.”
“- Sheriff Hank Pearson: You ain't just gonna walk in there, are ya'?
- Jack Benteen: Oh, hell, I've known Chub since the third grade. You were just telling me what a nice kid he used to be. I'm just gonna go in there and have a beer with him.
- Sheriff Hank Pearson: Shit, sounds reasonable. Just sit down, talk to him about how you shot his...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've become what I despise. I cheated my profession, cheated myself, I cheated basketball. There's two words I didn't think would ever come out of my mouth, I didn't think I'd ever be able to say... I quit.”
“- Tom Wingo: This is not about me!
- Susan Lowenstein: Then, why are you so upset?”
“There are families who live out their entire lives without a single thing of interest happening to them. I've always envied those families.”
“- Claire: You're going to love this war.
- Russell Price: Hmmm.
- Claire: Good guys, bad guys and cheap shrimp.”
“- Jack Cates: Class isn't something you buy. Look at you, you've got on a 500-dollar suit and you're still a low-life.
- Reggie Hammond: Yeah, but I look good.”
“- Susan Lowenstein: How did you deal with his death?
- Tom Wingo: I shut down like a broken motor.”
“The only thing we have in common is that we're both wrong for each other.”
“- Seymour Flint: You know, I've never known any old people before.
- Grace Quigley: Neither had I until one day I looked around and discovered I was one.”
“I suppose Henry Wingo would have been a pretty good father - if he hadn't been such a violent man.”