“Heartbreak Ridge” quotes(1986)
Plot – This movie is the story of Highway, a marine sergeant called Gunny. He has earned a lot of medals and ribbons due to a life dedicated to discipline and sacrifices. He fought in Korea and Vietnam wars in fact. In 1983, Gunny is assigned a task: he has to transform a bunch of lazy guys into real soldiers. Despite the frequent contrasts, Gunny has to complete this task because during the war he has lost many buddies and he knows very well that soldiers must be ready to fight.
All actors – Clint Eastwood, Marsha Mason, Everett McGill, Moses Gunn, Eileen Heckart, Bo Svenson, Boyd Gaines, Mario Van Peebles, Arlen Dean Snyder, Vincent Irizarry, Ramón Franco, Tom Villard, Mike Gomez, Rodney Hill, Peter Koch, Richard Venture, Peter Jason, J.C. Quinn, Begonya Plaza, John Eames, Thom Sharp, John Gallagher, John Hostetter, Holly Shelton-Foy, Nicholas Worth, Timothy Fall, Jon Pennell, Trish Garland, Dutch Mann, Darwyn Swalve, Christopher Michael, Alex M. Bello, Steve Halsey, John Sasse, Rebecca Perle, Annie O'Donnell, Elizabeth Ruscio, Lloyd Nelson, John H. Brewer, Michael Maurer, Tom Ellison, Russell Appling, Lázaro Ramos, Tom Willettshow all
“Heartbreak Ridge” Quotes 37 quotes
“All right, you devil dogs, let's take that fuckin' hill!”
“Sergeant, you get that contraband stokey out of my face, or I'll shove it up your ass so far you'll have to set fire to your nose to light it.”
“I been pumping pussy since Christ was a corporal. I can tell you, the best damned poontang I ever paid for was in Da Nang. The girls were checked out daily. And we got ourself laid in a safe, orderly, proficient, military manner. That is until some suckhead writes home mama and says he dipped his wick in the Republic of South Vietnam. Then the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sergeant Webster: Major Powers and I are building an e-lite company of fighting men.
- Highway: The only thing you could build, Webster... is a good case of hemorrhoids.”
“- Lieutenant M.R. Ring: [bumps into Highway] Excuse me, sir. I mean, Gunny. Sergeant Major.
- Choozoo: Sir. This is Gunnery Sergent Thomas Highway. He's been assigned to Recon Platoon.
- Lieutenant M.R. Ring: Oh, outstanding, welcome aboard. Well, I have to hightail it men. I'm late for pre-scuba school.
- Lieutenant M.R. Ring: [looks at...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maj. Malcolm A. Powers: [approaching Highway] Just what the hell do you think you're doing?
- Highway: Just enjoying the view, sir.
- Maj. Malcolm A. Powers: Well, you disobeyed an order. I told you to stay in contact and not take this hill without me. Damn it! Get on your feet, Highway!
- Highway: With all due respect, sir, you're beginning...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Here's to J.J. and all the pieces of him we couldn't find.”
“You can run me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me.”
“- Highway: Your nightstick file for divorce, Reese?
- Reese: Who the hell do you think you are? Pissin' on my squad car. You think you can break our rules and then just walk away? Or are we supposed to wet our pants over your dress blues and your Goddamn colored ribbons. Take a look at that file of yours sometime, hero. Check the dates. It's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Highway: What are you smiling at shit-bird?
- Jones: Man, I knew you were Santa Claus.
- Highway: Yeah? Well if you ever pull another suckhead play like that the only thing that's gonna beat you to the brig are the headlights of the ambulance your on.”
“- Sergeant Webster: [as the platoon is marching back] Major Powers' gonna teach you how to discipline your men.
- Highway: Webster, if Powers ever comes to a sudden stop your face is gonna go half way up his ass.”
“I'm not doing this because I want to take long showers with you assholes and I don't want to get my head shot off in some far away land because you don't habla, comprende?”
“- Judge Zane: Thank you for your testimony, Officer Reese. Sergeant Highway, drunk and disorderly. Fighting in a public establishment. Urinating on a police vehicle?
- Highway: Well, it seemed like the thing to do, sir.
- Judge Zane: Just because there's no war going on does not give you the right to start one every time you get drunk. Now I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm gonna rip yer head off and shit down yer neck.”
“- Highway: What's your name, Marine?
- Lance Corporal Fragatti: Lance Corporal Fragatti, Gunny.
- Highway: [takes off Fragatti's sunglasses and steps on them] Well, you shouldn't litter Fag-eddi. It's ecologically unsound.”
“- Choozoo: Hey crotch rot! You gonna slurp my lifer's juice out of my own cup?
- Highway: Yeah, I guess I should have gotten shots before hand.
- Choozoo: If your brain was half as smart as your mouth, skunk stool, you'd be a frickin' twenty star general by now.
- Highway: And if I were half as ugly as your, Sergeant Major, I'd be a poster boy...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marine: Just about cleaned you out. Sure makes you feel good, don't it, Gunny? Helping Uncle Sam battle dirty drawers.
- Highway: You pump the neighbor's dog again, Jakes, or are you always slack eyed and silly in the afternoon.
- Marine: Looks like you could use a little lift, Highway. Why don't you suck on one of these. Smooth as a prom...” (continue)(continue reading)
“And, don't go away mad, just go away.”