“- Jason's Girlfriend: Have a little faith in him.
- Gloria Minetti Nesstra: Faith in Fulvio? He's a loser. His big ambition is to be a gardener like his grandfather, but the freakin' moron can't even grow a tomato. You ever hear of an Italian that can't grow a tomato? I rest my case.”
“Gun Shy” quotes(2000)
Plot – Charlie is an undercover DEA agent who has lost courage and confidence. His last unsolved case has shocked him a lot and has caused him stress and a nagging stomachache. He would like to resign but his superiors forbid him to because they have to incriminate some mafia bosses, among which there's Fulvio Nesstra. Charlie falls into a nervous breakdown and decides to go to a psychiatrist, then he joins a group of frustrated managers, who are shocked in front of Charlie's stories. He meets even Judy, a nurse who helps him curing his embarrassing stomach problems with natural recipes. Thanks to therapy too, Charlie finally manages to enter within the gang and learns more about the criminals' personal situations: Fulvio is unhappy because he's always ordered by his wife and his father-in-law what to do; Fidel, his opponent, is tired to wait always his father's approval and he would like to escape with his friend Estuvio. All misunderstandings and double plays emerge in the course of a money laundering operation. During a shooting, Fulvio is wounded and Charlie takes care of him helped by Judy and the psychoanalysis group members. They all go away in a speedboat where they find a briefcase, which contains part of the operation: twenty million dollars.
All actors – Liam Neeson, Oliver Platt, José Zúñiga, Michael DeLorenzo, Andrew Lauer, Richard Schiff, Paul Ben-Victor, Gregg Daniel, Ben Weber, Sandra Bullock, Mary McCormack, Michael Mantellshow all
“Gun Shy” Quotes 7 quotes
“- Dave Juniper: I can't tell you how revved I am to be working with you. You're one of my heroes.
- Charlie: Who are your other heroes?
- Dave Juniper: Keith Richards.”
“Fun is overrated.”
“- Dexter Helvenshaw: How are you doing?
- Charlie: I tell you Dexter, not too good. In fact I'm on my way to the top floor now just to throw myself off.”
“If only something would change, I know life could be sweet. I could be too. I wanna be sweet.”
“- Fulvio Nesstra: I'm very good at reading what's in a person's eyes.
- Charlie: That's nice.
- Fulvio Nesstra: I'm reading yours right now.
- Charlie: Yeah? What do they say?
- Fulvio Nesstra: They say you're sleepy. But I can't figure out if it's too much drugs sleepy, too much work sleepy or I'm so fucking bored sleepy. Maybe you've got that...” (continue) (continue reading)