“Doctor Dolittle” quotes(1998)
Plot – John Dolittle is a very appreciated and respected veterinary. He has a beautiful wife and two adorable daughters. Everything seems to be all right until something strange happens. For some time, in fact, Dolittle feels he can talk to animals. After some embarrassing moments, four-legged patients flock to his study, delighted to have a so different and helpful doctor. The animals are so enhusiastic about him and go even to his house. Dolittle's wife and daughters are less excited, as well as Archer, John's father who tries to make sure the situation doesn't ruin his son's professional reputation.
All actors – Eddie Murphy, Ossie Davis, Oliver Platt, Peter Boyle, Richard Schiff, Kristen Wilson, Jeffrey Tambor, Kyla Pratt, Raven-Symoné, Steven Gilborn, Erik Dellums, June Christophershow all
“Doctor Dolittle” Quotes 25 quotes
“- Compulsive Dog: He threw the ball! Oh, he threw the ball! I'll get it! I'll get it! I love you! I love you! You threw the ball!
- Rodney: You can't save them all, Hasselhoff.”
“Let me tell you a little something about nature. I'm a dog, and I act like a dog. I don't try to be anybody else. We are who we are, and you are a doctor who can talk to animals. That's who you are.”
“- Dr. John Dolittle: Shut up. You're a dog. Dogs cannot talk!
- Lucky: What the hell do you think barking is, an involuntary spasm?”
“- Blaine: You talk to animals now, do you? Would you like to tell me about it? Or would you rather tell my friend here, Bettleheim?
- Dr. John Dolittle: I don't need to talk to your cat, Blain.
- Blaine: Why, do you think he would talk back to you?
- Dr. John Dolittle: He just might.
- Blaine: And what would he say?
- Bettleheim the Cat: I'd say...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lucky: Stop looking at me like I'm a side dish.
- Jacob the Tiger: Don't flatter yourself.”
- Dr. John Dolittle: Albert Einstein, he came in with that wild hair and everybody thought he was crazy. And Muhammad Ali, he came out saying what rounds he was going to beat people in, going "I'm the greatest!", everybody thought he was crazy. And Joan of Arc, she heard voices.
- Maya Dolittle: Like you, daddy?
“John, do me a favor. Don't ever confide in me. I'm utterly useless in these areas. I'm really a very self-absorbed man.”
“- Dr. Fish: I have to interpret why the dog is whining. He can't tell me.
- Lucky: What's to tell? There's a thermometer! It's in my butt!”
“- Dr. John Dolittle: Your daughter's turning into a little wise-ass.
- Lisa Dolittle: Worse. She's turning into a little you.”
“- Dr. John Dolittle: Hey, give me a break. I saved your life.
- Rat #1: That's yesterday's news. Take a hike. You want gratitude? Get a hamster!”
A little girl once called me: "Please mommy, not him".
“- Blaine: Who would have ever thought you would end up in a mental institution? Number one in our medical school class. Not that I'm jealous, John. Someone had to finish first.
- Dr. John Dolittle: Someone had to finish last, too.”