“Intolerable Cruelty” quotes(2003)
Plot – Miles Massey is tired of the usual routine. He meets by chance Marilyn Rexroth, an ambitious and careerist woman who wants the economic independence through a convenient marriage. Initially, Massey's lawyer tries to prevent his client, but Marilyn plans to make Miles fall at her feet.
All actors – George Clooney, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Geoffrey Rush, Cedric the Entertainer, Edward Herrmann, Paul Adelstein, Richard Jenkins, Billy Bob Thornton, Julia Duffy, Jonathan Hadary, Tom Aldredge, Stacey Travis, Jack Kyle, Irwin Keyes, Judith Drake, George Ives, Booth Colman, Kristin Dattilo, Wendle Josepher, Mary Pat Gleason, Mia Cottet, Kiersten Warren, Rosey Brown, Ken Sagoes, Dale E. Turner, Douglas Fisher, Nicholas Shaffer, Isabell O'Connor, Mary Gillis, Colin Linden, Julie Osburn, Gary Marshal, Blake Clark, Allan Trautman, Kate Luyben, Kitana Baker, Camille Anderson, Tamie Sheffield, Bridget Marquardt, Emma Harrison, John Bliss, Patrick Thomas O'Brien, Sean Fenton, Royce D. Applegate, Justine Baker, Bruce Campbell, Barbara Kerr Condon, Jason De Hoyos, Larry Vigus, Susan Yeagleyshow all
“Intolerable Cruelty” Quotes 30 quotes
“You seem to be taking it pretty good. I've seen 'em come in here, weep and wail like Baptists at a funeral. Like they hired me to prove their husbands weren't fooling around.”
“- Miles Massey: Tell me more about yourself.
- Marylin Rexroth: Alright, Miles. Let me tell you everything you need to know. You may think you're tough, but I eat men like you for breakfast.”
“I'm going to talk to you about the God damn law. We serve the law. We honor the law! And sometimes, Counselor, we obey the law. But, Counselor, this is not one of those times.”
“- Miles Massey: Something inside of me died, when I realized that you'd hired a goon to kill me.
- Marylin Rexroth: Wait a minute. You hired him to kill me.”
“- Freddy Bender: Objection, Your Honor: strangling the witness.
- Judge Marva Munson: I'm going to allow it.”
“- Howard D. Doyle: I love you. I trust you.
- Miles Massey: It's the pre-nup. Brilliant.”
“- Gus Petch: I'm an ass nailer.
- Marylin Rexroth: So I see.
- Gus Petch: Gym four times a week. Hour and a half, plus stretching. Life circle. Life step. Life circuit. Gus Petch don't pussyfoot around.”
“- Miles Massey: You promised to have dinner with me once you were free.
- Marylin Rexroth: I said I wouldn't whilst I wasn't, which implies no promise once I am.”
“In today's cynical world, it's so hard to take that great leap of faith aboard the ship of love and caring.”
“- Marylin Rexroth: You didn't ask me here to pick me up? You could be disbarred for that.
- Miles Massey: Maybe I'm reckless.”
“- Heinz, the Baron Krauss von Espy: I am a baron.
- Miles Massey: Yes, but do you not also hold a day job? Paying job. A... uh, a square job.
- Heinz, the Baron Krauss von Espy: Well, one has to live. I am the concierge of Les Pantalons Rouges at Bad-Gadesbourg in the canton of Uri.
- Miles Massey: And what does that job entail?”
“I've invested five good years in my marriage to Rex and I've nailed his ass fair and square. Now I'm going to have it stuffed, mounted, and have my lady friends come over and throw darts at it.”
“Who needs a home when you've got a colostomy bag?”
“- Flight Attendant: You didn't win.
- Marylin Rexroth: Excuse me?
- Flight Attendant: I can always tell, coming back from Vegas, who didn't win.
- Marylin Rexroth: You're right.”
“You want tact, call a tactician. You want an ass nailed, you come see Gus Petch.”
“I'm fascinated by that creature. Richer than me? Well, she deserves every penny. And now she's single again. Excuse me.”
“- Miles Massey: Attila the Hun. Ivan the Terrible. Henry the Eighth. What do they have in common?
- Wrigley: Middle name?”
“- Miles Massey: I do!
- Wee Kirk Priest: Jesus, will you let me finish? Have you never been married before?”
“- Marylin Rexroth: What are you after Miles?
- Miles Massey: Well, I'm a lot like you. Just looking for an ass to mount.
- Marylin Rexroth: Well, don't look at mine.”
“- Gus Petch: ...and those Rottweilers were a menace, man!
- Miles Massey: I told you she had dogs.
- Gus Petch: You didn't tell me they had a hard on for Anus Africanus!”