Suicide quotes272 suicide quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Mississippi Burning
“Down here they say rattlesnakes don't commit suicide.”
- From the movie: Nomadland
“Before I moved into the Squeeze Inn, I was out looking for work, and putting in applications 2008, and it was just tough. And I got to a really, really low point. And I thought about suicide, and I decided I was going to go buy a bottle of booze, turn on the propane stove, and I was going to drink that booze until I passed out. And if I woke up,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Scream
- From the movie: The Good Shepherd
“The sound of the gunshot was very different from the sound of the fireworks and even at six years old I knew that was a big, big difference. And there was a lot of blood. And in his left hand he held a note that was sealed. I don't know why, but I took the note and I put it in my pocket. I always said it was an accident. It wasn't an accident....” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Last Samurai
“- Katsumoto: I will die by the sword. My own, or my enemy's.
- Nathan Algren: Then let it be your enemy's.”
- From the movie: Cocktail
“- Doug: [Writing his suicide note to Brian] My dearest Brian, A guy like me looks in the mirror, he either grins, or he starts to fade away. And I haven't seen anything to grin about in a long time. This may not be the most graceful exit, but I know when the bottle's empty. The only thing I'm really going to miss is the conversations we had. At...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Barefoot in the Park
“I had to park the car three blocks away. Then it started to rain so I ran the last two blocks. Then my heel got caught in a subway grating. When I pulled my foot out, I stepped in a puddle. Then a cab went by and splashed my stockings. If the hardware store downstairs was open, I was going to buy a knife and kill myself.”
- From the movie: Doctor Who
“Now would you stand aside before I shoot myself?”
- From the movie: Stay
“An elegant suicide is the ultimate work of art.”
- From the movie: Bee Movie
“- Barry B. Benson: How about a suicide pact?
- Vanessa Bloome: How do we do it?
- Barry B. Benson: I'll sting you, you step on me.
- Vanessa Bloome: That just kills you twice.”
- From the movie: Dodsworth
“Love has got to stop some place short of suicide.”
- From the movie: The Shawshank Redemption
“I don't know; every man has his breaking point.”
- From the TV Series: Law & Order
“I specifically asked for him to be put on suicide watch. Apparently here at Riker's that mean that they watch you commit suicide.”
- From the TV Series: Seinfeld
- From the TV Series: Supernatural
“I just remembered, when I was a kid I swallowed, like, eight things of Pop Rocks and then drank a whole can of Coke. You don't think that that counts as a suicide attempt, do you?”
- From the TV Series: Lucifer
“Typical Vegas. Even the suicides are fake.”
- From the movie: Judy
“Dr. Hargreaves-Have there been any surgeries?
Judy Garland-Tracheotomy. Two years ago. Tried to kill myself.
Dr. Hargreaves-That won’t have helped your voice.”
“If I had stayed in Hollywood, I would have killed myself. Or someone would have done it for me.”
- From the movie: The Bridge on the River Kwai
“- Colonel Saito: Do you know what will happen to me if the bridge is not built on time?
- Colonel Nicholson: I haven't the foggiest.
- Colonel Saito: I'll have to kill myself. What would you do if you were me?
- Colonel Nicholson: I suppose if I were you... I'd have to kill myself.”
- From the movie: The Upside
“- Dell Scott: You okay, man? I mean, does something else hurt?
- Philip Lacasse: It's my legs. It's the nerves. It's called neurogenic pain. It's like being on fire.
- Dell Scott: They don't give you nothing for that?
- Philip Lacasse: Different medications. It helps a bit. Not enough.
- Dell Scott: Hurt enough to make you wanna off yourself?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Lady from Shanghai
- From the movie: Mildred Pierce
- From the movie: Cries & Whispers
“It's true. I've - often thought - of taking my own life. It's... it's disgusting. It's degrading - and - it never ever changes.”
- From the movie: Bonjour tristesse
- From the movie: Diabolique
“To commit suicide in the Seine, one doesn't need to undress.”