“The Kid” quotes(2000)
Plot – Russ Duritz, a rich and powerful image consultant, meets Rusty, who looks like himself when he was eight-years-old. The child on his behalf isn't satisfied in seeing how he will become as an adult: a placid gentleman without a wife nor a dog. Russ too isn't happy to find himself in front of the living image of the child he tried to remove from his memories.
All actors – Bruce Willis, Spencer Breslin, Emily Mortimer, Lily Tomlin, Jean Smart, Chi McBride, Daniel von Bargen, Dana Ivey, Susan Dalian, Stanley Anderson, Juanita Moore, Esther Scottshow all
“The Kid” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Russ Duritz: Toshiya, let me ask you something. If you get called a jerk four times in a single day, does that make it true?
- Amy: What, only four? Did you get up late?
- Russ Duritz: Excuse me, I'm asking Toshiya.
- Toshiya - Sushi Chef: Four times is a pattern. It have to be five times to be a fact.
- Russ Duritz: Thank you. See? There's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's safety in sandwiches.”
“- Rusty Duritz: How old are you?
- Russ Duritz: Forty. In a couple days.
- Rusty Duritz: That is old! I'm turning eight. In a couple days.
- Russ Duritz: Eight. You're eight. I'm eight.
- Rusty Duritz: This is scary.
- Russ Duritz: No. This is hilarious.”
“- Rusty Duritz: Isn't it cool we both have to go to the bathroom at the same time?
- Russ Duritz: Yes. I'll cherish this moment for a lifetime.”
“Holy smokes... 99 channels and there's nothing on!”
“- Rusty Duritz: When do I learn how to drive?
- Russ Duritz: When you're sixteen.
- Rusty Duritz: When do I get a car?
- Russ Duritz: When you're eighteen.
- Rusty Duritz: When do I get a hickey?
- Russ Duritz: When you're seventeen.
- Rusty Duritz: When do I find out what a hickey is?
- Russ Duritz: Not tonight.”
“- Russ Duritz: Doesn't the fact that I'm a pathetic dweeb make you despise me?
- Amy: No. Why? Do you despise you?”
“- Deirdre Lefever: Look, you're turning forty tomorrow, you haven't acquired a single thing of real value in your life... and no, no, money doesn't count. You're virtually friendless, you barely talk to your family, and you've just lost the only woman in the world who's ever meant anything to you.
- Russ Duritz: Who, Amy? Oh, come on, she's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm forty, I'm not married, I don't fly jets, and I don't have a dog? I grow up to be a loser.”
“Take your phone off now, you're with a human being.”
“- Russ Duritz: Stop biting your nails.
- Amy: Nail. I only bite one. What's it to you, anyway?
- Russ Duritz: It matters because you work for me. When you bite your nails, you're advertising nervousness and insecurity.
- Amy: Really? Advertising all that with one little nail?”