Childhood quotes184 childhood quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I hated the deal, but I'm sorry you feel so badly about it. Your children love you, they want to play with you. How long do you think that lasts? Soon Jack may not even want you to come to his games. We have a few special years with our children, when they're the ones that want us around. After that you're going to be running after them for a...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Derek Zoolander: Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career".
- Matilda Jeffries: Do what for a career?
- Derek Zoolander: Be professionally good... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rozalin Focker: See that's Greg getting circumcised.
- Bernie Focker: We had the ceremony at my parents' house. There was a cold snap and the heat conked out. Tell it.
- Rozalin Focker: The heater conked out. No matter how hard he tried, the mohel couldn't coax Greggie's tiny little turtle from it's shell.
- Greg Focker: You know what? Let's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Who will cry for the little boy, he cried himself to sleep. Who will cry for the little boy, who never had it for keeps. Who will cry for the little boy, who walked on burning sand. Who will cry for the little boy, the boy inside a man. Who will cry for the little boy, who knew well hurt and pain. Who will cry for the little boy, who died and...” (continue)(continue reading)
I still have this uncontrollable urge to just go up to people and say "My mother left me when I was seven!". As if that would explain everything. And I miss her. And I hate her!
“- Lynn Bracken: Where did this come from?
- Bud White: When I was twelve, my old man went after my mother with a bottle. I got in the way.
- Lynn Bracken: So you saved her.
- Bud White: Not for long.”
“If only I had been raped as a child! Then I would know authenticity!”
“Little Tommy Daggett. How I loved listening to your sweet prayers every night. And then you'd jump in your bed, so afraid I was under there. And I was!”
“- Dale Kerrigan: [voice-over] Dad always had a way of making us feel special. Like the time I dug a hole.
- Darryl Kerrigan: Go on, tell them Dale.
- Dale Kerrigan: I dug a hole.
- Sal Kerrigan: Oh good on you Dale.”
“I don't want a childhood, I want to be a ballet dancer.”
“To lose a child is to lose a piece of yourself.”
“Theo thought his unhappiness went right back to childhood. He tried so hard to fit into his family. But, he never succeeded in this.”
You know, when I was a boy, my father tried to whip me with a branch. But after the first hit, it broke into three little pieces. And we just stood there, looking at this shattered stick on the ground. And then I noticed there was a leather strap hanging on the wall, so I pointed to it and said, “Look. That’s the better one.” And he stopped. I... (continue)(continue reading)
“You know, one of the few good memories of my childhood were those summers at Nai Nais's. They had that garden, Ye Ye and I would catch dragonflies. And then we just moved to the States. Everything was different. Everyone was gone. And it was just the three of us.”
“Somedays my childhood feels so very far away, and others I can almost see it.”
“Do you know how hard it is to trust people when your whole childhood was bullshit and manipulation?”
“Well, I don’t know who’s been raising you, but I’m going to get you some new crayons because it looks like he’s shooting cabbages.”
“- Mrs. Atwater: Do you know, when I was a girl I used to read quite a bit.
- Brandon: We all do strange things in our childhood.”