Childhood quotes171 childhood quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- Derek Zoolander: Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career".
- Matilda Jeffries: Do what for a career?
- Derek Zoolander: Be professionally good... (continue)(continue reading)
I still have this uncontrollable urge to just go up to people and say "My mother left me when I was seven!". As if that would explain everything. And I miss her. And I hate her!
“Little Tommy Daggett. How I loved listening to your sweet prayers every night. And then you'd jump in your bed, so afraid I was under there. And I was!”
“- Mrs. Atwater: Do you know, when I was a girl I used to read quite a bit.
- Brandon: We all do strange things in our childhood.”
“You've forgotten what it's like... to be a child.”
“- Emily Walburn: Apparently he had a little accident.
- Maj. Benson Payne: Apparently he pissed all over the front of his pants.
- Emily Walburn: Well maybe that's because he's six.
- Maj. Benson Payne: Because he's six? Woman, when I was six years old I had a full time job.”
“- Peter Pan: I want always to be a boy, and have fun.
- Wendy Darling: You say so, but I think it is your biggest pretend.”
“This family has a history with those schools. And I think the last thing that little girl needs is reinforcement that she's different. Trust me, she knows. So... I think Mary. I think she's gotta be here. Today's a badending, you can't hit people. But a 12 year old bullies a 7 year old and she stands up? Do you know how important that is to me...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dad: [Trying to feed Riley broccoli] Here we go. All right, open.
- Joy: Hmm... this looks new.
- Fear: Think it's safe?
- Sadness: What is it?
- Disgust: Okay, caution, there is a dangerous smell, people. Hold on, what is that? That is not brightly colored or shaped like a dinosaur, hold on guys... it's... broccoli [presses buttons]!
- Riley:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Circuses like to think of themselves as families. But, of course, each one has its clown.”
“- Young Shaw: Why did he die?
- Shaw’s Father: Sooner or later everyone does.
- Young Shaw: Like mommy?
- Shaw’s Father: Like mommy.
- Young Shaw: Where do they go?
- Shaw’s Father: Everyone has their own word; heaven, paradise. Whatever it’s called, it’s someplace beautiful.
- Young Shaw: How do you know it’s beautiful?
- Shaw’s Father: Cause...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My poor little sister should be out trick-or-treating, but you've kept her from a normal childhood and now she's a wall ornament.”
“- Danny Rose: How are you, darling? How old are you?
- Lou's Daughter: Twelve.
- Danny Rose: Twelve! Are you married?”
- Ben Harrison: See Mom? I told you! I'm telepathetic.
- Jackie Harrison: You mean “telepathic”.
- Ben Harrison: That's what I said.
“It's all so horrible you know, the nightmare of childhood. And it only gets worse. One day you'll wake up, and you'll be past it. Your beautiful skin will wrinkle and shrivel up, you'll lose your hair, your sight, your memory. Your blood will thicken, teeth turn yellow and loose. You will start to stink and fart and all your friends will be dead.”