“How the Grinch Stole Christmas” quotes(2000)
Plot – From a cave located on the top of Mount Crumpit near Whoville village, a crabby caveman watches its inhabitants preparing to celebrate Christmas. Everytime he gets a new idea, a wonderful evil idea, his face changes into devilish expressions. Wacht out: this one is not any caveman. He's wicked, hateful, evil, astute, dirty, annoying, angry, rude, vile, intolerant, smelly and everything but nice: he's the Grinch and he's tired of all these festivities.
All actors – Jim Carrey, Taylor Momsen, Kelley, Jeffrey Tambor, Christine Baranski, Bill Irwin, Molly Shannon, Clint Howard, Josh Ryan Evans, Mindy Sterling, Rachel Winfree, Rance Howardshow all
“How the Grinch Stole Christmas” Quotes 20 quotes
And the avarice... the avarice never ends! "I want golf clubs. I want diamonds. I want a pony so I can ride it twice, get bored and sell it to make glue". Look, I don't wanna make waves, but this whole Christmas season is... stupid, stupid, stupid!
“- Grinch: [shouts] Hello?
- Echo: Hello.
- Grinch: How are you?
- Echo: How are you?
- Grinch: I asked you first.
- Echo: I asked you first.
- Grinch: Oh right, that's really mature, saying exactly what I say.
- Echo: ...Saying exactly what I say.
- Grinch: I'm an idiot!
- Echo: You're an idiot!
- Grinch: [whispering] Alright, fine! I'm not...” (continue)(continue reading)
“One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri.
[his dog Max barks]
I don't know, it's some kind of soup.”
“We'll improvise, just keep kind of loosy-goosy. You hate Christmas, you're gonna steal it!”
“- Cindy Lou Who: Santa?
- Grinch: What?
- Cindy Lou Who: Don't forget the Grinch. I know he's mean and hairy and smelly. His hands might be cold and clammy, but I think he's actually kinda... sweet.
- Grinch: Sweet? You think he's sweet?
- Cindy Lou Who: Merry Christmas, Santa.
- Grinch: Nice kid... bad judge of character.”
“- Martha May Whovier: Did I have a crush on the Grinch? Of course not.
- Cindy Lou Who: Uh... I didn't ask you that.”
“Blast this Christmas music. It's joyful and triumphant.”
“- Cindy Lou Who: Your cheek's so...
- Grinch: I know. Hairy.
- Cindy Lou Who: No.
- Grinch: Greasy? Stinky? Do I have a zit?
- Cindy Lou Who: No. Warm.”
“- Grinch: Any calls?
- Grinch's Answering Machine: [computer voice] You have no messages.
- Grinch: Odd. Better check the outgoing.
- Grinch's Answering Machine: [Grinch's voice] If you utter so much as one syllable, I'll hunt you down and gut you like a fish! If you'd like to fax me, press the star key.
- Grinch: Hmm hmm.”
“Am I just eating because I'm bored?”
“I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?”
“- Grinch: I am the Grinch that stole Christmas... and I'm sorry.
- Grinch: Aren't you going to cuff me? Put me in a choke hole? Blind me with pepper spray?
- Mayor Augustus Maywho: You heard him, Officer. He admitted it. I'd go with the pepper spray.
- Officer Wholihan: Yes, I heard him all right. He said he was sorry.”
“It's because I'm green isn't it?”
“- Narrator: The Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
- Grinch: Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas...
- Narrator: He thought.
- Grinch: …Means a little bit more.”
“- Cindy Lou Who: Thanks for saving me.
- Grinch: Saving you, is that what you think I was doing? Wrong. I just noticed that you were improperly packaged, my dear.
[grabs wrapping paper and starts wrapping Cindy up]
- Grinch: Hold still.
[to his dog Max]
- Grinch: Max, pick out a bow.
[to Cindy Lou Who]
- Grinch: Can I use your finger for a sec?”
“Jury duty, jury duty, jury duty, black mail, pink slip, chain letter, eviction notice, jury duty.”
“And if you marry me, you get this new car, which has been generously paid by the taxpayers of Whoville.”