Maturity quotes129 maturity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I came to coach basketball players, and you became students. I came to teach boys, and you became men.”
“Crying never helped anybody do anything, okay? You have a problem, you face it like a man.”
“- Mickey: I want you to chase this little chicken.
- Rocky Balboa: Hey yo, Mick, what do I got to chase a chicken for?
- Mickey: First, because I said so. And second, is because chicken-chasing is how we used to train back in the old days. If you can catch this thing, you can catch greased lighting.
- Rocky Balboa: Well, I'll do it if you say so...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.”
“Maturity is really just another word for how much misery you'd swallow.”
“A grown man knows the world he lives in. For the moment, that world is Rome.”
“You think that adulthood will hit and you'll suddenly be more capable. But that doesn't happen, ever, does it?”
“He's the nicest guy though, ask anyone, but the thing is, he's almost 40, looks like he's 30, thinks like he's 20, and acts like he's 10. He's fun to play board games with.”
“- Po: Teaching? There's no way I'm ever gonna be like you!
- Shifu: I'm not trying to turn you into me; I'm trying to turn you into you.”
“Acting is a masochistic form of exhibitionism. It is not quite the occupation of an adult.”
“- Bob: Why don't you grow up?
- David: I am growing up!”
“Acting is the expression of a neurotic impulse. It's a bum's life. Quitting acting, that's the sign of maturity.”
“I lied. I do that sometimes. It's called being a grown-up!”
“I suppose the only thing at 50 you can really start to look forward to is just total irresponsibility.”
- Patrick: You were a tremendous help.
- Lee Chandler: I didn't ask to sit down there.
- Patrick: You can't make small talk like every other grown-up in the world?
- Lee Chandler: No.
- Patrick: You can't talk about boring bullshit for half an hour? "Hey, how about those interest rates?" "Hey, I lost my Triple A card." Like everybody else?
- Lee... (continue)(continue reading)
“For the first time in my life I've stopped thinking of myself as a child imitating an adult.”
“I'm more mature than kids my age because I'm constantly surrounded by adults.”
“We used to joke together, mom and me... until the tears would stroll down her face... and she would throw up! Yeah, and who would clean it up? Not dad. He was too busy down at O'Grady's... throwing up on his own. Yeah. In fact, until I was 13 I thought throwing up was a sign of maturity. While the other kids were off in the woods sneaking...” (continue)(continue reading)