Questions quotes310 questions quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- Colonel Mustard: Wadsworth, am I right in thinking there's nobody else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Um... no.
- Colonel Mustard: Then there is someone else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Sorry, I said "no" meaning "yes".
- Colonel Mustard: "No" meaning "yes"? Look, I want a straight answer, is there someone else, or isn't there, yes, or no?
-... (continue)(continue reading)
"Who are we? Where do we come from? Where are we going? How do we know what we think we know? Why do we believe anything at all?". Countless questions in search of an answer... an answer that will give rise to a new question... and the next answer will give rise to the next question and so on. But, in the end, isn't it always the same question?... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Annella Perlman: [Reading from The Heptaméron] A handsome young knight is madly in love with a princess, and she too is in love with him, though she seems not to be entirely aware of it. Despite the friendship that blossoms between them, or perhaps because of that very friendship, the young knight finds himself so humbled and speechless that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When somebody asks me a question, I tell them the answer.”
Not every situation calls for your patented approach of "shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and then when everybody's dead try to ask a question or two".
“My head is filled with questions and I can assure you no answer to any one of them has ever brought me one iota of happiness. Except for one. The one. The only question I've ever wanted an answer to - is she the one? The answer bloody well isn't forty-two, it's yes. Undoubtedly, unequivocally, unabashedly yes. And for one week, one week in my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Farmer Ted: Just answer me one question.
- Samantha: Yes, you're a total fag.
- Farmer Ted: [laughs] That's not the question.”
“Why do you people always question? Why ask why, when how is so much more fun?”
- Recruiter: Now, are either of you homosexuals?
- John: You mean, like, flaming, or...
- Recruiter: Well, it's a standard question we have to ask.
- Russell: No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.
- John: Yeah, would they send us someplace special?
- Recruiter: I guess that's "no" on both. Now if you could just give Uncle Sam... (continue)(continue reading)
“How is never as important as why.”
“I'm a journalist, Philomena. We ask questions. We don't believe something just because we're told it's the truth.”
“But every now and then it’s good to question those who question things.”
“You can’t turn a ‘NO’ to a ‘YES’ without a ‘MAYBE’ in between.”
“Sometimes, the questions are complicated – and the answers are simple.”
“- Sir Lionel Frost: Do you always answer with a question?
- The Elder: I don't know... do I?”
“In choosing any role, I ask the same questions: what kind of part is it? is the role challenging? does the director have a vision? is the story moving? etc.”
“- Lora Meredith: It never occurred to me that you had many friends. You never have any visit you.
- Annie: I know lots of people. Oh, hundreds.
- Lora Meredith: Really?
- Annie: I belong to the Baptist church. And I belong to several lodges too.
- Lora Meredith: I didn't know.
- Annie: Miss Lora, you never asked.”