Questions quotes307 questions quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- Colonel Mustard: Wadsworth, am I right in thinking there's nobody else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Um... no.
- Colonel Mustard: Then there is someone else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Sorry, I said "no" meaning "yes".
- Colonel Mustard: "No" meaning "yes"? Look, I want a straight answer, is there someone else, or isn't there, yes, or no?
-... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Annella Perlman: [Reading from The Heptaméron] A handsome young knight is madly in love with a princess, and she too is in love with him, though she seems not to be entirely aware of it. Despite the friendship that blossoms between them, or perhaps because of that very friendship, the young knight finds himself so humbled and speechless that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When somebody asks me a question, I tell them the answer.”
Not every situation calls for your patented approach of "shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and then when everybody's dead try to ask a question or two".
“- Farmer Ted: Just answer me one question.
- Samantha: Yes, you're a total fag.
- Farmer Ted: [laughs] That's not the question.”
"Who are we? Where do we come from? Where are we going? How do we know what we think we know? Why do we believe anything at all?". Countless questions in search of an answer... an answer that will give rise to a new question... and the next answer will give rise to the next question and so on. But, in the end, isn't it always the same question?... (continue)(continue reading)
“Why do you people always question? Why ask why, when how is so much more fun?”
- Recruiter: Now, are either of you homosexuals?
- John: You mean, like, flaming, or...
- Recruiter: Well, it's a standard question we have to ask.
- Russell: No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.
- John: Yeah, would they send us someplace special?
- Recruiter: I guess that's "no" on both. Now if you could just give Uncle Sam... (continue)(continue reading)
“But every now and then it’s good to question those who question things.”
“You can’t turn a ‘NO’ to a ‘YES’ without a ‘MAYBE’ in between.”
“Sometimes, the questions are complicated – and the answers are simple.”
“- Sir Lionel Frost: Do you always answer with a question?
- The Elder: I don't know... do I?”
“In choosing any role, I ask the same questions: what kind of part is it? is the role challenging? does the director have a vision? is the story moving? etc.”
“- Lora Meredith: It never occurred to me that you had many friends. You never have any visit you.
- Annie: I know lots of people. Oh, hundreds.
- Lora Meredith: Really?
- Annie: I belong to the Baptist church. And I belong to several lodges too.
- Lora Meredith: I didn't know.
- Annie: Miss Lora, you never asked.”
“- Benoit Blanc: Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to request that you all stay until the investigation is completed.
- Linda Drysdale: What?
- Joni Thrombey: Can we ask why? Has something changed?
- Benoit Blanc: No...
- Joni Thrombey: No, it hasn't changed, or no, we can't ask?”
“I know. Everybody thinks detectives do nothing but ask questions... but detectives have souls, the same as anyone else.”
“Ask the right questions if you're to find the right answers.”