- Movie quotes
- The Lighthouse
“The Lighthouse” quotes
Title The Lighthouse
All actors – Robert Pattinson, Willem Dafoe, Valeriia Karaman, Logan Hawkes, Kyla Nicolle, Shaun Clarke, Pierre Richard, Preston Hudson, Jeffrey Cruts
“- Thomas Wake: You’re drunk! You’re drunk!
- Ephraim Winslow: I’m drunk? I’m drunk?
- Thomas Wake: You heard me! Damn you!
- Ephraim Winslow: You’ve been drunk since I first laid eyes on you.”
“Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains, and the water goes quick, lad, vanished. The only med'cine is drink. Keeps them sailors happy, keeps 'em agreeable, keeps 'em calm.”
“- Ephraim Winslow: You ever married?
- Thomas Wake: Thirteen Christmases at sea, little ones at home. She never forgave it. Tis for the better.”
“- Thomas Wake: You a praying man, Winslow?
- Ephraim Winslow: Not as often as I might. But I’m God fearing, if that’s what you’re asking.”
“Should pale death, with treble dread, make the ocean caves our bed, God who hears the surges roll deign to save our suppliant soul.”
“I'm damn-well wedded to this here light, and she's been a finer, truer, quieter wife than any alive-blooded woman.”
“- Ephraim Winslow: Say, why is it bad luck to kill a gull?
- Thomas Wake: In 'em's the souls of sailors what met their maker.”
“- Ephraim Winslow: What made your last keeper leave?
- Thomas Wake: He believed that there was some enchantment in the light. Went mad, he did.
- Ephraim Winslow: Tall tales.
- Thomas Wake: What?”
“How long have we been on this rock? Five weeks? Two Days? Where are we? Help me to recollect!”