Storytelling quotes265 storytelling quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Good evening. How's it going? Listen, girls... uh... as your father, I feel it incumbent upon me to set the record straight on the validity of the tale which Uncle Chet shared with us this evening. I know that a terrifying story like that coming from the mouth of a recognized authority figure could be traumatizing for kids like yourselves; I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cole: You ever heard the story of the mouse, the lion, and the thorn?
- Mills: Yeah?
- Cole: There you go, then. In case we ever see that primate again.
- Mills: You do know that story is about a mouse becoming friends with the lion after taking the thorn out of his paw though, right?
- Cole: No it's not. The mouse kills the lion with the thorn.”
“A mad genius. An unholy creation. The world, of course, remembers the monster, not the man. But sometimes, when you look closely, there's more to a tale. Sometimes the monster is the man.”
“Every story ever told can be broken down into three parts. The beginning. The middle. And the twist.”
“All we got to do is tell the story right.”
What do ya got here, anyways? "Rainbow Alligator Saves the Wetlands?". Uh, no. "The Organic Squirrel Gets a Bike Helmet?". I'm not reading these Communist books to you guys! Don't you got any real stories?
“Give him a gold piece and send him home. He has a story to tell.”
“Most men, they'll tell you a story straight through. It won't be complicated, but it won't be interesting either.”
Now, you are family. Okay. All my life, I had a lump at the back of my neck, right here. Always, a lump. Then I started menopause and the lump got bigger from the "hormonees." It started to grow. So I go to the doctor, and he did the bio... the b... the... the bios... the... b... the "bobopsy." Inside the lump he found teeth and a spinal cord.... (continue)(continue reading)
“Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!”
“My passion is more about bringing the stories out from the African continent mixed with the West.”
“- Daniel Hackett: Who are you?
- Pecos Bill: I'm a ring-tailed roarer. I can draw faster, shoot straighter, ride harder and drink longer than any man alive. I ride cyclones and I wrestle...
- Daniel Hackett: You got a name, don't you?
- Pecos Bill: I'm getting' to that. I'm the rip-snortinest cowboy that ever rode north, south, east or west of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kim: Snuggle in, sweetie. It's cold out there.
- Granddaughter: Why is it snowing, Grandma?
- Kim: Oh, that's a long story.
- Granddaughter: I want to hear.
- Kim: Oh, not tonight. Go to sleep.
- Granddaughter: I'm not sleepy. Tell me, please?
- Kim: Well, all right. Let's see...I guess it would have to start with scissors.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“But do you know when stories stop being stories? The moment someone begins to believe in them.”
“ How many great stories are tragedies?”
“Dreams make good stories, but everything important happens while we’re awake.”
“I believed that stories helped us to ennoble ourselves, to fix what was broken in us, and to help us become the people we dreamed of being. Lies that told a deeper truth.”
“I got into this business because I love stories. They comfort us, they inspire us, they create a context for how we experience the world. But also, you have to be careful, because if you spend a lot of time with stories, you start to believe that life is just stories, and it’s not. Life is life, and that’s so sad because there’s so little time...” (continue)(continue reading)
“John Houseman-All I am saying is, no one can write like that.
Herman Mankiewicz-But I can write like that, Houseman. I have. The narrative is one big circle, like a cinnamon roll. Not a straight line pointing to the nearest exit. You cannot capture a man’s entire life in two hours. All you can hope is to leave the impression of one.”