Storytelling quotes255 storytelling quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Good evening. How's it going? Listen, girls... uh... as your father, I feel it incumbent upon me to set the record straight on the validity of the tale which Uncle Chet shared with us this evening. I know that a terrifying story like that coming from the mouth of a recognized authority figure could be traumatizing for kids like yourselves; I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A mad genius. An unholy creation. The world, of course, remembers the monster, not the man. But sometimes, when you look closely, there's more to a tale. Sometimes the monster is the man.”
“Every story ever told can be broken down into three parts. The beginning. The middle. And the twist.”
“Give him a gold piece and send him home. He has a story to tell.”
“Most men, they'll tell you a story straight through. It won't be complicated, but it won't be interesting either.”
“Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!”
“My passion is more about bringing the stories out from the African continent mixed with the West.”
“- Kim: Snuggle in, sweetie. It's cold out there.
- Granddaughter: Why is it snowing, Grandma?
- Kim: Oh, that's a long story.
- Granddaughter: I want to hear.
- Kim: Oh, not tonight. Go to sleep.
- Granddaughter: I'm not sleepy. Tell me, please?
- Kim: Well, all right. Let's see...I guess it would have to start with scissors.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The only truly reliable narrator is life itself. But life itself is also completely unreliable because it is constantly misdirecting and misleading us and taking us on this journey where it is literally impossible to predict where it is going to go next... Life as the ultimate Unreliable Narrator.”
“A lie is just a great story that someone ruined with the truth.”
“- Peter Joshua: All right, get set for the story of my life.
- Reggie Lampert: Fiction or non-fiction?”
“- Ransom Stoddard: You're not going to use the story, Mr. Scott?
- Maxwell Scott: No, sir. This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.”
“No one knows the three-dimensional story of who I am. Or anyone is.”
“I made stories, legends. After all, what is language for? It's not just the naming of things, is it? It's the lifeblood of a culture, a people.”
“- Edith Bratt: I love Wagner's Rheingold.
- Robert Gilson: Christopher finds those too long.
- Christopher Wiseman: No, I don't.
- Robert Gilson: Well, nobody blames you. It shouldn't take six hours to tell a story about a magic ring.”
“True stories are way more interesting.”
“I feel I'm following my path. I'm living my truth, and my path is storytelling.”