Storytelling quotes241 storytelling quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Good evening. How's it going? Listen, girls... uh... as your father, I feel it incumbent upon me to set the record straight on the validity of the tale which Uncle Chet shared with us this evening. I know that a terrifying story like that coming from the mouth of a recognized authority figure could be traumatizing for kids like yourselves; I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A mad genius. An unholy creation. The world, of course, remembers the monster, not the man. But sometimes, when you look closely, there's more to a tale. Sometimes the monster is the man.”
“Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!”
“My passion is more about bringing the stories out from the African continent mixed with the West.”
“- Kim: Snuggle in, sweetie. It's cold out there.
- Granddaughter: Why is it snowing, Grandma?
- Kim: Oh, that's a long story.
- Granddaughter: I want to hear.
- Kim: Oh, not tonight. Go to sleep.
- Granddaughter: I'm not sleepy. Tell me, please?
- Kim: Well, all right. Let's see...I guess it would have to start with scissors.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Physical evidence can tell a clear story with a forked tongue.”
“- George Peatty: This couple, sittin' just in front of me, oh, they weren't young, exactly. I guess the woman was about your age.
- Sherry Peatty: A little senile, you mean? With one foot and a big toe in the grave?
- George Peatty: You want to hear this or not? Do you or not, Sherry?
- Sherry Peatty: I can't wait. Go ahead and thrill me George.”
“You know the story, but people can't get enough of them, like little children. Because, well, they connect the stories to themselves, I suppose, and we all love hearing about ourselves, so long as the people in the stories are us, but not us. Not us in the end, especially.”
“- Han Solo: I heard a story about you. I was wondering if it's true.
- Lando Calrissian: Everything you've heard about me is true.”
“- Billie Dawn: How about the story of your life?
- Paul Verrall: Oh no. Much too long... and mostly untrue.”
“You tell me the story of your life and maybe I can suggest a happy ending.”
“Actors sure have stories. We always have stories. At the end of our careers, all we have to take with us is our stories, and we have many of them.”
“In drama, the characters should determine the story. In melodrama, the story determines the characters.”
“- Young Killmonger: Baba.
- N'Jobu: Yes, my son?
- Young Killmonger: Tell me a story.
- N'Jobu: Which one?
- Young Killmonger: The story of home.”