Music quotes501 music quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!”
“- Tony Lip: I dunno. Personally I think if you stuck to the classic stuff it would've been a big mistake.
- Dr. Donald Shirley: A mistake? Performing the music I trained my entire life to play?
- Tony Lip: Trained? What are you, a seal? People love what you do! Anyone can sound like Beethoven or Joe Pan or them other guys you said. But your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“On the page it looked nothing. The beginning simple, almost comic. Just a pulse. Bassoons and basset horns, like a rusty squeezebox. And then suddenly, high above it, an oboe. A single note, hanging there, unwavering. Until a clarinet took over and sweetened it into a phrase of such delight! This was no composition by a performing monkey! This...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm just a musical prostitute.”
“One band, one sound.”
“Somewhere between five hundred and a thousand songs. Right in your pocket. Because I can't stand looking at that ridiculous Walkman anymore. You're carrying around a brick playing a cassette tape. We're not savages.”
“I think today's music absolutely stinks. I really do mean that.”
“So young, so angry. Damn that rap music!”
Remember when Paul McCartney wrote the song "Michelle" and then he only wrote the first part, Annie said. And then he gave that part to John Lennon, and he wrote the part that said, "I love you, I love you, I love you." And Annie said that it wouldn't have been the same song without that... and that's why the whole world cried when the Beatles... (continue)(continue reading)
“Softly, deftly, music shall caress you. Hear it, feel it secretly possess you.”
“- Enid: We need to find a place where you can go to meet women who share your interests.
- Seymour: Well, maybe I don't want to meet someone who shares my interests. I hate my interests.
- Enid: Yeah, yeah, just list your five main interests in order of importance.
- Seymour: Uh... I'd have to put traditional jazz, blues and then ragtime at the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Playing the drums is like making love. You can't be looking down seeing what’s going on trying to get the flow right.”
“Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano.”
“But suddenly I viddied that thinking was for the gloopy ones and that the oomny ones use, like, inspiration and what Bog sends. For now it was lovely music that came to my aid. There was a window open with the stereo on and I viddied right at once what to do.”
“- The Kid: I ain't got time for your bullshit, Billy. What do you want?
- Billy: This stage is no place for your personal shit, man!
- The Kid: That's life, man.
- Billy: Life, my ass, motherfucker! This is a business, and you too far gone to see that yet! I told you before, you're not packin' them in like you used to. No one digs your music but...” (continue)(continue reading)