Music quotes465 music quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!”
“- Tony Lip: I dunno. Personally I think if you stuck to the classic stuff it would've been a big mistake.
- Dr. Donald Shirley: A mistake? Performing the music I trained my entire life to play?
- Tony Lip: Trained? What are you, a seal? People love what you do! Anyone can sound like Beethoven or Joe Pan or them other guys you said. But your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm just a musical prostitute.”
“One band, one sound.”
“I think today's music absolutely stinks. I really do mean that.”
“So young, so angry. Damn that rap music!”
“Playing the drums is like making love. You can't be looking down seeing what’s going on trying to get the flow right.”
“Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano.”
“On the page it looked nothing. The beginning simple, almost comic. Just a pulse. Bassoons and basset horns, like a rusty squeezebox. And then suddenly, high above it, an oboe. A single note, hanging there, unwavering. Until a clarinet took over and sweetened it into a phrase of such delight! This was no composition by a performing monkey! This...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- The Kid: I ain't got time for your bullshit, Billy. What do you want?
- Billy: This stage is no place for your personal shit, man!
- The Kid: That's life, man.
- Billy: Life, my ass, motherfucker! This is a business, and you too far gone to see that yet! I told you before, you're not packin' them in like you used to. No one digs your music but...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The blues ain't nothing but a good man feeling bad, thinking about the woman he once was with.”
“If it's got hair, I can ride it. If it's got a beat, I can dance to it.”
“Music is math; music is spiritual.”
“No one listens to Springsteen anymore. He's history!”
“Do you really think you’re going to find a hidden message in a pop song?”