Affection quotes48 affection quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Escape now, hug later.”
“Michael, I have great affection for you and you live a very rich and interesting life, but you're a bag man not an attorney. If your intention was to have me committed you should have kept me in Wisconsin where the arrest report, the videotape, eyewitness reports of my inappropriate behavior would have had jurisdictional relevance.”
“I'm damn-well wedded to this here light, and she's been a finer, truer, quieter wife than any alive-blooded woman.”
“I want one of those long encounters that last a lifetime. I want a family, children, a husband to chat with in the evenings over coffee, maybe, and to make love with now and then, because when you must, you must. But affection is even more important than love. I'm so full of affection. But who can I give it to? Who wants it?”
“- Frank Adler: Look, just don't worry, okay?
- Roberta Taylor: Don't tell me that. There's nothing you can say that's gonna make me feel good because I have no say in any of this, Frank. I'm not a blood relative! I'm not a legal guardian! I'm nothing! Just a lady who lives next door whose opinions mean nothing, whose feelings mean nothing! Would...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Nick: What did Manny Vasquez call you?
- Catherine: "Bitch" mostly, but he meant it affectionately.
“All the bright precious things fade so fast, and they don't come back.”
“- Harriet M. Welsch: Are you gonna go be some other kid's nanny now?
- Ole Golly: And love them more than you? Never. Remember in my life, in this world, there will always only be one Harriet.”
“If my father had hugged me even once, I'd be an accountant right now.”
“- Dave Skylark: As the two best friends stared each other in the eyes, they knew that this might be the end of a long road. But they also knew how much they meant to each other. And even though neither one could say it out loud, they were both thinking...
- Aaron Rapaport: I love you.”
“- Boyet: If my observation, which very seldom lies by the heart's still rhetoric disclosed with eyes, deceived me not now, Navarre is infected.
- The Princess: With what?
- Boyet: With that which we lovers entitle affected.”
“Affection has no place in love.”
“- Judge Cranfield: Young man, have you any evidence that this man abused your dog? Did you ever see him hit the dog?
- Josh Framm: Well... no.
- Judge Cranfield: Then how did you know the dog was abused?
- Josh Framm: Because Buddy doesn't like him. Buddy's my friend. I know what he's feeling, so he knows what I'm feeling.”
“- Brian: I'm not married anymore.
- Melinda Ledbetter: [Speaking in a near whisper] Okay.”
“I have to protect the one thing that I can't live without. That's you.”
“- ProfessorHobby: Tell me. What is love?
- Secretary: Love is first widening my eyes a little bit and quickening my breathing a little and warming my skin.
- ProfessorHobby: And so on, but I wasn't referring to sensuality stimulators. The word that I used was love. Love like the love of a child for its parents.”
“One shouldn't be too hard on oneself when the object of one's affection returns the favor with rather less enthusiasm than one might have hoped.”
“No hugging, dear. I'm British. We only show affection to dogs and horses.”