Speed quotes81 speed quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Police chopper pilot: Air One. We're over the pursuit.
[Memphis Raines hits the nitrous button]
- Police chopper pilot: Suspect has increased speed to 120.
- Detective Drycoff: Maintain visual, Air One.
- Police chopper pilot: 140 miles an hour.
- Detective Drycoff: Do not lose him.
- Police chopper pilot: This is an A-Star, sir, not an Apache.”
“- State Trooper: What the hell are you driving here?
- Del Griffith: We had a small fire last night, but we caught it in the nick of time.
- State Trooper: Do you have any idea how fast you were going?
- Del Griffith: Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Walter Crow Horse: License and registration?
- Ray Levoi: Kiss my ass.
- Walter Crow Horse: Hey, this is my jurisdiction now. And you were going 59 in a 55 zone.
- Ray Levoi: Let me see the radar.
- Walter Crow Horse: I don't need no radar, I can tell! I just listen to the wind; it said, "fifty-nine, nail him!".
“Everything moves a little quicker in Los Angeles.”
“Ladies and gentlemen, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it; I've seen road kill with faster reflexes.”
“- Saloon Hostess: Never be in a hurry. You'll miss the best parts in life.
- Phileas Fogg: Madam, you don't understand. I'm looking for my man.
- Saloon Hostess: So am I.”
“- Lee Iacocca: Carroll Shelby.
- Carroll Shelby: Maybe?
- Lee Iacocca: Lee Iacocca, Ford Motors. Suppose Henry Ford II wanted to build the greatest race car the world's ever seen, to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans. What's it take?
- Carroll Shelby: Well, it takes somethin' money can't buy.
- Lee Iacocca: Well, it can buy speed.
- Carroll Shelby: It...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's a point at 7,000 RPM where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. It just disappears. All that's left, a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM, that's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up near you, and it asks you a question. The only question that really matters. Who are you?”
“- Pearl Chavez: Oh Vashti, why are you so slow?
- Vashti: I don't rightly know, Miss Pearl, except I always have so much to remember.”
“- William Brandt: Aw, c'mon! It's a high-speed chase and you just had to bring a four-wheels to it!
- Luther Stickell: You bought the car!
- William Brandt: You just had to have it!”
“The man that's out to do something has to keep in high gear all the time.”
“- Barry Allen: Look man, I don't know who you are, but whoever you're looking for...
- Bruce Wayne: [throws a batarang at Barry Allen, who steps back with super-human speed] So you're fast.
- Barry Allen: That feels like an oversimplification.”
“I'll have you know that I have the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose. Throw it. I dare you!”
“I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!”
“These things are damn fast!
[to prove it, he punches the accelerator and collides with a tree]
I'm all right!”
“- Sam Brenner: Pac-Man's faster than I remember.
- Eddie Plant: Pac-Man's always been faster than the ghost. We're gonna have to outmaneuver.”
“If you absolutely, positively have to get home by tomorrow morning, you've come to the right truck.”
“- MacMahon: Do you think all those years he's been sitting at home waiting for you?
- Fanny Trellis Skeffington: Well, he's always home when I get there.
- MacMahon: He's just got a faster car than you.”
“- Hank Deerfield: I'll call you when I'll arrive tomorrow.
- Joan Deerfield: It's a two-day drive.
- Hank Deerfield: For some people.”