Speed quotes82 speed quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Police chopper pilot: Air One. We're over the pursuit.
[Memphis Raines hits the nitrous button]
- Police chopper pilot: Suspect has increased speed to 120.
- Detective Drycoff: Maintain visual, Air One.
- Police chopper pilot: 140 miles an hour.
- Detective Drycoff: Do not lose him.
- Police chopper pilot: This is an A-Star, sir, not an Apache.”
“- State Trooper: What the hell are you driving here?
- Del Griffith: We had a small fire last night, but we caught it in the nick of time.
- State Trooper: Do you have any idea how fast you were going?
- Del Griffith: Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Walter Crow Horse: License and registration?
- Ray Levoi: Kiss my ass.
- Walter Crow Horse: Hey, this is my jurisdiction now. And you were going 59 in a 55 zone.
- Ray Levoi: Let me see the radar.
- Walter Crow Horse: I don't need no radar, I can tell! I just listen to the wind; it said, "fifty-nine, nail him!".
“There's a point at 7,000 RPM where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. It just disappears. All that's left, a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM, that's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up near you, and it asks you a question. The only question that really matters. Who are you?”
“Everything moves a little quicker in Los Angeles.”
“She's faster than a cheetah on cocaine.”
“Ladies and gentlemen, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it; I've seen road kill with faster reflexes.”
“The Silver Surfer. He first appeared with the Fantastic Four and can travel at the speed of light and somehow nobody seems to notice that he’s completely naked.”
“- Saloon Hostess: Never be in a hurry. You'll miss the best parts in life.
- Phileas Fogg: Madam, you don't understand. I'm looking for my man.
- Saloon Hostess: So am I.”
“- Lee Iacocca: Carroll Shelby.
- Carroll Shelby: Maybe?
- Lee Iacocca: Lee Iacocca, Ford Motors. Suppose Henry Ford II wanted to build the greatest race car the world's ever seen, to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans. What's it take?
- Carroll Shelby: Well, it takes somethin' money can't buy.
- Lee Iacocca: Well, it can buy speed.
- Carroll Shelby: It...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Pearl Chavez: Oh Vashti, why are you so slow?
- Vashti: I don't rightly know, Miss Pearl, except I always have so much to remember.”
“- William Brandt: Aw, c'mon! It's a high-speed chase and you just had to bring a four-wheels to it!
- Luther Stickell: You bought the car!
- William Brandt: You just had to have it!”
“The man that's out to do something has to keep in high gear all the time.”
“- Barry Allen: Look man, I don't know who you are, but whoever you're looking for...
- Bruce Wayne: [throws a batarang at Barry Allen, who steps back with super-human speed] So you're fast.
- Barry Allen: That feels like an oversimplification.”
“I'll have you know that I have the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose. Throw it. I dare you!”
“I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!”
“These things are damn fast!
[to prove it, he punches the accelerator and collides with a tree]
I'm all right!”
“- Sam Brenner: Pac-Man's faster than I remember.
- Eddie Plant: Pac-Man's always been faster than the ghost. We're gonna have to outmaneuver.”
“If you absolutely, positively have to get home by tomorrow morning, you've come to the right truck.”
“- MacMahon: Do you think all those years he's been sitting at home waiting for you?
- Fanny Trellis Skeffington: Well, he's always home when I get there.
- MacMahon: He's just got a faster car than you.”