Boredom quotes185 boredom quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your fuckin' armchair wankin' off to Pop Idols? Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage?”
“Has it ever occurred to you Wally that the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, and that all of this is much more dangerous than one thinks? And it's not just a question of individual...” (continue)(continue reading)
Wanda, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone "are you married?" and hearing "my wife left me this morning", or saying, uh, "do you have children?" and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Wanda,... (continue)(continue reading)
“Most men, they'll tell you a story straight through. It won't be complicated, but it won't be interesting either.”
“- Tyler: What's wrong?
- Rosie: Boredom, Tyler. Boredom - that's what's wrong. And how do you beat boredom, Tyler?... Adventure. Adventure, Tyler.”
“Dear World. I am leaving you because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool. Good luck.”
“- Edward: Kevin, you wanna play scissors, paper, stone again?
- Kevin: No!
- Edward: Why not?
- Kevin: 'Cause it's boring. I always win!”
“The human world is a boring place with boring people doing boring things.”
“Boring people never like to be told they’re dull.”
“-Grug: Three days is not forever!
-Eep: It is with this family.”
“- Edith Bratt: I love Wagner's Rheingold.
- Robert Gilson: Christopher finds those too long.
- Christopher Wiseman: No, I don't.
- Robert Gilson: Well, nobody blames you. It shouldn't take six hours to tell a story about a magic ring.”
“To me, the difference between New York and London is that things are boring and staid in London.”
“- Honore Lachaille: I have to tell you... your parents bore me to death.
- Gaston Lachaille: Me too.
- Honore Lachaille: But I've known them longer, so they've been boring me longer.”
“- Madame Alvarez: How was Monte Carlo?
- Gaston Lachaille: It was a bore!
- Madame Alvarez: One has to be as rich as you are, Gaston, to be bored at Monte Carlo.”
“Another one of the new worlds. No beer, no women, no pool parlors, nothin'. Nothin' to do but throw rocks at tin cans, and we gotta bring our own tin cans.”
“- Dixon Steele: You annoy me!
- Laurel Gray: If I do, it isn't intentional.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: You've painted me as a hopeless dope addict just because I occasionally take a five-percent solution of cocaine.
- Dr. Watson: A seven-percent solution...
- Sherlock Holmes: Five percent. Don't you think I'm aware you've been diluting it behind my back?
- Dr. Watson: As a doctor, as well as your friend, I strongly disapprove...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If I didn't catch fish all day, I'd find a way to kill you.”
“Say something, or I shall get bored. And when I get bored, I get hungry!”