Willem Dafoe quotes
“- Anderson: You know, if I were a Negro, I'd probably think the same way they do.
- Ward: If you were a Negro, nobody would give a damn what you thought.”
“In Italy, you get chickens, but no eggs. In Africa there were always eggs, but... never chickens. Who separated them?”
“Anyone's guilty who lets these things happens and pretends like it isn't. No, he was guilty all right. Just as guilty as the fanatics who pulled the trigger. Maybe we all are.”
“- Deputy Pell: You got no right to be here. This is a political meeting.
- Ward: Doesn't smell that way to me, Deputy.
- Deputy Pell: It's a damn political meeting, Hoover Boy.
- Ward: Oh, it looks like a political meeting, but smells more like Klan to me... with or without the Halloween costumes.”
“You will say that I should have known terrible things were about to happen. You will say that I was responsible. But even so, what could I have done by then? Wade lived on the edge of his emotions. He was always first to receive the brunt of our father's anger. He had no perspective to retreat to, even in a crisis.”
“- Spider-Man: I'm not like you. You're a murderer.
- Green Goblin: Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a herofail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ephraim Winslow: You ever married?
- Thomas Wake: Thirteen Christmases at sea, little ones at home. She never forgave it. Tis for the better.”
“I'm damn-well wedded to this here light, and she's been a finer, truer, quieter wife than any alive-blooded woman.”
“- Ephraim Winslow: Say, why is it bad luck to kill a gull?
- Thomas Wake: In 'em's the souls of sailors what met their maker.”
“The ocean is not just our home, it is who we are.”
“- Vincent van Gogh: Paintings have to be done in one clear gesture.
- Paul Gauguin: Think about the surface that you're painting on and how the paint will sit on it. You're changing things so fast, you can't even see what you've done.
- Vincent van Gogh: Paintings have to be painted fast. The painters I like all paint fast in one clear gesture,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I paint with my qualities and faults.”
“Sometimes they say I'm mad, but a grain of madness is the best of art.”
“I paint, as a matter of fact, to stop thinking. I stop thinking, and I feel that I'm a part of everything outside and inside of me.”