Willem Dafoe quotes
“- Anderson: You know, if I were a Negro, I'd probably think the same way they do.
- Ward: If you were a Negro, nobody would give a damn what you thought.”
“- Deputy Pell: You got no right to be here. This is a political meeting.
- Ward: Doesn't smell that way to me, Deputy.
- Deputy Pell: It's a damn political meeting, Hoover Boy.
- Ward: Oh, it looks like a political meeting, but smells more like Klan to me... with or without the Halloween costumes.”
“- Spider-Man: I'm not like you. You're a murderer.
- Green Goblin: Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a herofail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ephraim Winslow: You ever married?
- Thomas Wake: Thirteen Christmases at sea, little ones at home. She never forgave it. Tis for the better.”
“I'm damn-well wedded to this here light, and she's been a finer, truer, quieter wife than any alive-blooded woman.”
“- Ephraim Winslow: Say, why is it bad luck to kill a gull?
- Thomas Wake: In 'em's the souls of sailors what met their maker.”
“The ocean is not just our home, it is who we are.”
“- Vincent van Gogh: Paintings have to be done in one clear gesture.
- Paul Gauguin: Think about the surface that you're painting on and how the paint will sit on it. You're changing things so fast, you can't even see what you've done.
- Vincent van Gogh: Paintings have to be painted fast. The painters I like all paint fast in one clear gesture,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I paint with my qualities and faults.”
“Sometimes they say I'm mad, but a grain of madness is the best of art.”
“I paint, as a matter of fact, to stop thinking. I stop thinking, and I feel that I'm a part of everything outside and inside of me.”
“I feel God is nature and nature is beauty.”
“- Doctor Felix Ray: What do you paint?
- Vincent van Gogh: Sunlight.”
I think of myself as an exile, a pilgrim on this earth. Jesus said, "Turn your heart away from things visible and turn yourself to things invisible".