“Touch of Evil” quotes(1958)
Plot – A Mexican policeman investigates the explosive charge that killed two people near a border crossing: he finds out that his chief, Hank Quinlan, is falsifying the proofs to incriminate a suspected. The policeman tries to unmask Quinlan, but causes the man’s violent reaction instead.
All actors – Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh, Orson Welles, Joseph Calleia, Akim Tamiroff, Joanna Moore, Ray Collins, Dennis Weaver, Valentin de Vargas, Mort Mills, Victor Millan, Lalo Rios, Michael Sargent, Phil Harvey, Joi Lansing, Harry Shannon, Marlene Dietrich, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Joe Basulto, Yolanda Bojorquez, Joseph Cotten, Domenick Delgarde, Jennie Dias, John Dierkes, Eleanor Dorado, Billy House, Mercedes McCambridge, Arlene McQuade, Ken Miller, Ramón Rodríguez, Gus Schilling, William Tannen, Wayne Taylor, Rusty Wescoatt, Dan White, Keenan Wynnshow all
“Touch of Evil” Quotes 7 quotes
“Who is the boss? The cop or the law?”
“- Pete Menzies: Convictions. Sure. How many did you frame?
- Quinlan: Nobody.
- Pete Menzies: Come on, Hank. How many did you frame?
- Quinlan: I told you. Nobody. Nobody that wasn't guilty. Guilty. Guilty.”
“- Susan: You know what's wrong with you, Mr Grandi? You've being seeing too many gangster movies. Mike may be spoiling some of your fun.
- 'Uncle' Joe Grandi: Mike?
- Susan: My husband, yeah! And if you're trying to scare me into calling him off, let me tell you something Mr. Grandi. I may be scared, but he won't be.”
“- Quinlan: Come on, read my future for me.
- Tanya: You haven't got any.
- Quinlan: Hmm? What do you mean?
- Tanya: Your future's all used up.”
“- Pete Menzies: You're a killer.
- Hank Quinlan: Partly. I'm a cop.
- Pete Menzies: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Drunk and crazy as you must have been when you strangled him. I guess you were somehow thinking of your wife, the way she was strangled.
- Hank Quinlan: I'm always thinking of her, drunk or sober. What else is there to think about, except my job...” (continue)(continue reading)