Nation quotes67 nation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Jack Flowers: Now, the Chinese, they go for Australian girls, y'know, big-boned. The Germans usually go for Tamils. The British don't give a damn as long as they're young and boyish, isn't that right, Colonel?
- Col. Gunstone: Indubitably.
- Jack Flowers: Well the Americans, they do a lot of hugging-up in taxis, y'know. When they go home they...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Wolfgang Vogel: You treat us as stooges for the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.
- James Donovan: Can we just call them 'the Russians' and save time?”
“They fear you because you are young. They fear you because you are the future. How fearful they must be that they shoot you children. How powerful you must be that they fear you so much. You are powerful because you are the generation that will be free. The violence, the beatings, the torture, the killings; all this is the birth pain of our free...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'll tell you the first problem. The names of your countries are too long.”
“- Colonel Robert Lowry: They pulled all of Jones, Jasper, Perry and half of Smith County.
- Chester: How is that even possible?”
“- Ali: Eventually the Arab states will rise against Israel. They don't like Palestinians, but they hate the Jews more. It won't be like 1967. The rest of the world will see by then what the Israelis do to us. Israel will cease to exist.
- Avner: This is a dream. You can't take back a country you never had.”
“Well, we could have the Germans win the war.”
“Some people say we're racists. We're not racists. We're realists. Some people call us Nazis. We're not Nazis. No, what we are, we are nationalists and there's a reason people try to pigeonhole us like this. And that is because of one word, fear.”
“If you weaken the monarchy, you undermine the entire nation.”
“- French Squire 1: An Englishman will not win this French tournament. English legs are unsteady on French soil.
- French Squire 2: And because French wine is too much for English bellies.
- French Squire 3: And most importantly, because the Pope himself is French.
- Roland: Well, the Pope may be French, but Jesus is English! You're on!”
“It is no small thing to build a new world, gentlemen. We have our republic. We must endeavour to keep it, if we can.”
“Area 51, man. It's the 51st state.”
“I have no desire for an oriental woman to touch me above the waist.”
“Lieutenant, his father was more than the President, he was the tribal king! That makes him... Heir to the Ibo nation!”