“The Big Heat” quotes(1953)
Plot – Sergeant Dave Bannion investigates the alleged suicide of his former colleague Duncan. With the help of Lucy, Duncan's friend, Bannion discovers his partner was salaried by boss Lagana. After a talk with Bannion, Lucy is murdered and the investigation stops, but the detective continues alone the researches, until his wife gets killed.
All actors – Glenn Ford, Gloria Grahame, Jocelyn Brando, Alexander Scourby, Lee Marvin, Jeanette Nolan, Peter Whitney, Willis Bouchey, Robert Burton, Adam Williams, Howard Wendell, Chris Alcaide, Michael Granger, Dorothy Green, Carolyn Jones, Ric Roman, Dan Seymour, Edith Evanson, , Phil Arnold, Linda Bennett, Charles Cane, Phil Chambers, John Close, Sidney Clute, John Crawford, John Doucette, Kathryn Eames, Al Eben, Douglas Evans, Fritz Ford, Jimmy Gray, Michael Jeffers, Byron Kane, Donald Kerr, Lyle Latell, Harry Lauter, Nico Lek, Celia Lovsky, Herbert Lytton, Mike Mahoney, Laura Mason, Paul Maxey, Joseph Mell, John Merton, Patrick Miller, William Murphy, Ezelle Poule, Norma Randall, Michael Ross, Ted Stanhope, Robert Stevenson, William Veddershow all
“The Big Heat” Quotes 7 quotes
“Prisons are bulging with dummies who wonder how they got there.”
“- Lt. Ted Wilks: It was bad judgment to bother a cop's widow about the love life of her husband.
- Dave Bannion: Good or bad, it was my judgment.
- Lt. Ted Wilks: You're missing the point. I'm the one that gets the pressure calls from upstairs. I'm the one that has to explain. You don't keep an office like this very long stepping on a lot of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Vince Stone: Hey, that's nice perfume.
- Debby Marsh: Something new. It attracts mosquitoes and repels men.
- Vince Stone: It doesn't work that way with me.
- Debby Marsh: It's not supposed to.”
“- Tierney: All any of these dames owe me is a night's work, one night at a time. They come and go like flies.
- Dave Bannion: Only this fly got herself strangled.
- Tierney: These things happen, Sergeant. Outside of my place, some of these babes keep pretty shady company. It figures. They know nobody cares much what happens to 'em.”
“Oh, well, you're about as romantic as a pair of handcuffs.”