Conviction quotes60 conviction quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Your belief that you have no talent is the ultimate vanity. If you have no talent then you have no limits, it's all an act of will. Your heart can probably pump more blood than anyone else's on earth, and that takes talent. The bones in your feet are so strong, it'd take a sledgehammer to break 'em. Be thankful for your limits, Pre, they're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Melvin, do you know where you're lucky? You know who you want.”
“Do you believe in love at first sight? Nah, I betcha don't, you're probably too sensible for that. Or have you ever, like, seen somebody? And you knew that, if only that person really knew you, they would, well, they would of course dump the perfect model that they were with, and realize that you were the one that they wanted to, just, grow old...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Old Crone: You have someone on that plane?
- Loretta Castorini: Yeah, my fiancé.
- Old Crone: I put a curse on that plane. My sister is on that plane. I put a curse on that plane that it's gonna explode, burn on fire and fall into the sea. Fifty years ago, she stole a man from me. S'aprese il mio uomo! Today she tells me that she never loved...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Feathers: I thought you were never going to say it.
- John T. Chance: Say what?
- Feathers: That you love me.
- John T. Chance: I said I'd arrest you.
- Feathers: It means the same thing, you know that.”
“- Pete Menzies: Convictions. Sure. How many did you frame?
- Quinlan: Nobody.
- Pete Menzies: Come on, Hank. How many did you frame?
- Quinlan: I told you. Nobody. Nobody that wasn't guilty. Guilty. Guilty.”
“People think actresses find public-speaking easy, and it's not easy at all; we're used to hiding behind masks.”
“I'm not sure, maybe ideals have ceased to exist. Maybe they're outmoded like, uhm, oil lamps and horse cars. But they're mine, and I'm stuck with them.”
“If someone is very upper-class, you have a stereotype of him which is probably true. If someone has a working-class accent, you have no idea who you're talking to.”
“Jarra, you are under arrest for being that ugly, and for making that many copies!”
“The nicest thing about feeling happy is that you think you'll never be unhappy again.”
“We don't do, we just are!”
When he met your sister, he was touched by her... aroused by her. He wanted her. That set off the "jealous mother" and "mother killed the girl!". Now after the murder, Norman returned as if from a deep sleep. And like a dutiful son, covered up all traces of the crime he was convinced his mother had committed!