Thinking quotes325 thinking quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“As any other form of Art, cinema is only important if used to open doors to discussion and to talk about the things that you don't want to hear. Otherwise it's just a mere object of vanity.”
“It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love.”
“- Ian Donnelly: If you immerse yourself into a foreign language, then you can actually rewire your brain.
- Louise Banks: Yeah, the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis. It's the theory that the language you speak determines how you think and...
- Ian Donnelly: Yeah, it affects how you see everything.”
“When you're really happy, you don't sit around thinking.”
“There are days when I manage not to think of anything at all. Not the money... or the murders... or Jacob. Days when Sarah and I try to pretend we're just like everyone else... as if none of it ever happened. Those days are few and far between.”
“I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed.”
“Ariel, please! Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?”
“- Dr. Peter Venkman: Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?
- Winston Zeddemore: Wonder what?
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Whether she's naked under that toga. She is French. You know that.”
“- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: I am not your son. And I've never thought of you as my father. You've been much too informal to me for that. Do you ever think about him? And what do you think about?
- Heinrich Harrer: It's not a conscious thought really, Kundun. He is always there. When I crossed Tibet he was with me. When I came to Lhasa he was...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's important to think. It's what separates us from lentils.”
“I was very ill last summer. For a while, I thought I was a goner. I woke up one night in my hospital bed, and I saw, standing there, a tall man, wearing a white robe, with a long white beard. I said, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am the HolyGhost.' I said, 'Where are the Father and the Son?' He said, 'They're out of town.' I'm not a religious man,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I keep telling you not to think! You're very, very good at a great many things, but thinking, hon', just simply isn't one of them.”
“You've got at least a thousand capacities in you.
Even if you don't think so.”
“We're all of us haunted by our own fucking thoughts. So make friends with the ghost, it ain't going fuckin' anywhere.”
“- Matthew Harrison Brady: I do not think about things I do not think about.
- Henry Drummond: Do you ever think about things that you do think about?”
“You know the most wonderful part of thinking yourself outside. You can have it any way you like. You can have rows of roses and violets all blooming in the same season, isn't that wonderful!”
“- Pete Menzies: You're a killer.
- Hank Quinlan: Partly. I'm a cop.
- Pete Menzies: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Drunk and crazy as you must have been when you strangled him. I guess you were somehow thinking of your wife, the way she was strangled.
- Hank Quinlan: I'm always thinking of her, drunk or sober. What else is there to think about, except my job...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If I were you boys, I wouldn't talk or even think about women. T'aint good for your health.”
“- Phillip: Rupert only publishes books he likes... usually philosophy.
- Janet: Oh. Small print, big words, no sales.
- Brandon: Rupert's extremely radical. Do you know that he selects his books on the assumption that people not only can read but actually can think?”
“- Jesse Pinkman: I was thinking about that thing you said about the universe. Going where the universe takes you? Right on. It's a cool philosophy.
- Jane Margolis: I was being metaphorical, it's a terrible philosophy. I've gone where the universe takes me my whole life. It's better to make those decisions for yourself.”
“I couldn't see straight or think straight. I was a fat-headed guy, full of pain.”