Thinking quotes340 thinking quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- La trovi in Actors and Art
“As any other form of Art, cinema is only important if used to open doors to discussion and to talk about the things that you don't want to hear. Otherwise it's just a mere object of vanity.”
- From the movie: Snow Falling on Cedars
“It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love.”
- From the movie: The Big Chill
“- Sam: Why is it what you just said strikes me as a massive rationalization?
- Michael: Don't knock rationalization; where would we be without it? I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex.
- Sam: Come on, nothing's more important that sex.
- Michael: Yeah? Ever...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Arrival
“- Ian Donnelly: If you immerse yourself into a foreign language, then you can actually rewire your brain.
- Louise Banks: Yeah, the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis. It's the theory that the language you speak determines how you think and...
- Ian Donnelly: Yeah, it affects how you see everything.”
- La trovi in Money and Actors
“I am paid not to think.”
- From the movie: Notting Hill
- From the animation: The Simpsons Movie
“I dunno what to tell you, Marge! I don't think about things. I respect people who do, but...
I just try to make the days not hurt until I get to crawl in next you again.”
- From the movie: American Psycho
- Patrick Bateman: "When I see a pretty girl walking down the street, I think two things. One part wants me to take her out, talk to her, be real nice and sweet and treat her right".
- David Van Patten: And what did the other part think?
- Patrick Bateman: "What her head would look like on a stick... ".
- La trovi in Motivational Quotes
“When you're really happy, you don't sit around thinking.”
- From the movie: A Simple Plan
“There are days when I manage not to think of anything at all. Not the money... or the murders... or Jacob. Days when Sarah and I try to pretend we're just like everyone else... as if none of it ever happened. Those days are few and far between.”
“I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed.”
- From the movie: The Little Mermaid
“Ariel, please! Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?”
- From the movie: Rob Roy
“- Archibald Cunningham: Think of yourself a scabbard, Mistress McGregor, and I the sword. And a fine fit you were, too.
- Mary: I will think on you dead, until my husband makes you so. And then I will think on you no more.”
- From the movie: The Great Mouse Detective
“There's always a chance, Doctor, as long as one can think.”
- From the movie: Defending Your Life
- From the movie: Insignificance
“You can never understand anything by agreeing, by making definitions. Only by turning over the possibilities. That's called thinking. If I say I know, I stop thinking. As long as I keep thinking, I come to understand. That way, I might approach some truth.”
- From the movie: Ghostbusters II
“- Dr. Peter Venkman: Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?
- Winston Zeddemore: Wonder what?
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Whether she's naked under that toga. She is French. You know that.”
- From the movie: A Walk in the Clouds
“Just because I talk with an accent doesn't mean I think with an accent.”
- From the movie: Seven Years in Tibet
“- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: I am not your son. And I've never thought of you as my father. You've been much too informal to me for that. Do you ever think about him? And what do you think about?
- Heinrich Harrer: It's not a conscious thought really, Kundun. He is always there. When I crossed Tibet he was with me. When I came to Lhasa he was...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Mouse Hunt
“You have to get inside their mind. You have to know what they want, need. You have to think... like a mouse!”
- From the movie: The Fisher King
“It's important to think. It's what separates us from lentils.”
“I was very ill last summer. For a while, I thought I was a goner. I woke up one night in my hospital bed, and I saw, standing there, a tall man, wearing a white robe, with a long white beard. I said, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am the HolyGhost.' I said, 'Where are the Father and the Son?' He said, 'They're out of town.' I'm not a religious man,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the TV Series: Downton Abbey
“No life appears rewarding if you think too much about it.”
- From the TV Series: That '70s Show
“I read somewhere that people in India fast, man. And, that it makes them think better. And, sometimes they can actually think themselves to death, man.”