Thinking quotes338 thinking quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“As any other form of Art, cinema is only important if used to open doors to discussion and to talk about the things that you don't want to hear. Otherwise it's just a mere object of vanity.”
“It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love.”
“- Sam: Why is it what you just said strikes me as a massive rationalization?
- Michael: Don't knock rationalization; where would we be without it? I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex.
- Sam: Come on, nothing's more important that sex.
- Michael: Yeah? Ever...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ian Donnelly: If you immerse yourself into a foreign language, then you can actually rewire your brain.
- Louise Banks: Yeah, the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis. It's the theory that the language you speak determines how you think and...
- Ian Donnelly: Yeah, it affects how you see everything.”
“I am paid not to think.”
“I dunno what to tell you, Marge! I don't think about things. I respect people who do, but...
I just try to make the days not hurt until I get to crawl in next you again.”
“When you're really happy, you don't sit around thinking.”
“There are days when I manage not to think of anything at all. Not the money... or the murders... or Jacob. Days when Sarah and I try to pretend we're just like everyone else... as if none of it ever happened. Those days are few and far between.”
“I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed.”
“Ariel, please! Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?”
“- Archibald Cunningham: Think of yourself a scabbard, Mistress McGregor, and I the sword. And a fine fit you were, too.
- Mary: I will think on you dead, until my husband makes you so. And then I will think on you no more.”
“- Dr. Peter Venkman: Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?
- Winston Zeddemore: Wonder what?
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Whether she's naked under that toga. She is French. You know that.”
“Just because I talk with an accent doesn't mean I think with an accent.”
“- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: I am not your son. And I've never thought of you as my father. You've been much too informal to me for that. Do you ever think about him? And what do you think about?
- Heinrich Harrer: It's not a conscious thought really, Kundun. He is always there. When I crossed Tibet he was with me. When I came to Lhasa he was...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's important to think. It's what separates us from lentils.”
“I was very ill last summer. For a while, I thought I was a goner. I woke up one night in my hospital bed, and I saw, standing there, a tall man, wearing a white robe, with a long white beard. I said, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am the HolyGhost.' I said, 'Where are the Father and the Son?' He said, 'They're out of town.' I'm not a religious man,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Don’t think, just do!”
“When you’re out of new ideas, make your old ideas bigger.”
“Of course machines can't think as people do. A machine is different from a person. Hence, they think differently. The interesting question is, just because something, uh... thinks differently from you, does that mean it's not thinking? Well, we allow for humans to have such divergences from one another. You like strawberries, I hateice-skating,...” (continue)(continue reading)
I want to share something with you. “Like the masses, I was in awe. When I first laid eyes on all the things you are. I heard that speech, I knew we’d make noise. I just thought it’d be in the streets.