Alan Ladd quotes
“I'm not worried when my fans ask me for autographs. I'll worry when they quit asking.”
“Time scoots along pretty fast when you grow up.”
“- Joe Starrett: I wouldn't ask you where you're bound.
- Shane: One place or another. Someplace I've never been.”
“Never's a long time, Marian.”
“A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me.”
“Doesn’t he know any place else where he can go at night? There must be hotels or motels.”
“I know what's good for me. I can't play black or gray. I can't be a villain or anything close to one. I have to play white.”
“I think any movie star who refuses autographs has a hell of a nerve.”
“I'd rather be David Ladd's father than Alan Ladd any day.”
“I don't care how small the parts are, as long as they're good.”
“I hear about stars being torn to pieces by fans. It never happened to me and I never saw it happen to anyone else.”
“As long as my pictures go into theaters and we ask people to pay to see what I do on the screen, I should not object if customers want to know what kind of man I am.”
“I'm no good with words but I'll find ways from time to time to show you how grateful I am.”
“A producer has to know all about everything from set-building to costumes to acting”
“Maybe I thought too much about picking up the money and not enough about the really good parts.”
- Lucky Jordan: Don't you know that you shouldn't be drinking at your age?
- Annie ("Ma"): I'd like to be drinking at your age, but time passes.
“- Willard Gates: Don't you trust me?
- Philip Raven: Who trusts anybody?”
“- Janet Henry: Hasn't your nurse been treating you well?
- Ed Beaumont: Not as well as I'd like.
- Janet Henry: Poor boy. If I'd known you were being neglected, I would have come sooner.”
“- Willard Gates: Raven, how do you feel when you're doing... this?
- Philip Raven: I feel fine.”
“- Emily Blair: You're not very polite this afternoon, are you?
- Doctor Merek Vance: About average for me, Miss Blair, about average.”
“- Ellen Graham: Why don't you go to the police?
- Philip Raven: I'm my own police.”