“Up Close & Personal” quotes(1996)
Plot – Tally Atwater is one of the most popular women in the United States. Now an anchorwoman, Tally once was a waitress and worked at the craps table in a Reno casino in Nevada too. At that time she used to call herself 'Sallyanne', she had a lot of ambitions and a talent about to bloom. Warren, a brilliant television journalist, noticed her and quickly has become her patron and lover. Sallyanne has turned into the attractive Tally Atwater, but now the job is threatening to divide the couple.
All actors – Robert Redford, Michelle Pfeiffer, Stockard Channing, Joe Mantegna, Kate Nelligan, Glenn Plummer, James Rebhorn, Scott Bryce, Raymond Cruz, Dedee Pfeiffer, Miguel Sandoval, Noble Willinghamshow all
“Up Close & Personal” Quotes 10 quotes
“I'm exactly the way you made me: do it this way, do it that way, do it my way - until I don't even know how to do it without you.”
- Tally Atwater: When I asked you how long you could stay and you said "Long enough", how long is that? When we're not together...
- Warren Justice: ...Everything shuts down.
“What we in the news business can never forget is that we are only as good as the stories we tell.”
“- Tally Atwater: Why don't you come with me?
- Warren Justice: I've already been where you're going.”
“Every day we have is one more than we deserve.”
“- Tally Atwater: Do you want to be with me?
- Warren Justice: So much it hurts.”
“Some people in this business get jaded because it's always the same awful stories. And it is the same stories - but they're happening to different people.”
“- Tally Atwater: Why didn't we do this before?
- Warren Justice: Because it was always gonna be this hard to stop.”
“- Tally Atwater: I want you around in the morning.
- Warren Justice: You already have me around in the morning. How, I don't know, but you do.
- Tally Atwater: I want to know you're legally required to be there.”
“- Tally Atwater: He's so stupid!
- Warren Justice: He's an anchorman.”