Absence quotes90 absence quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Batman: Then why do you want to kill me?
- The Joker: I don't, I don't want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, no! No. You... you... complete me.”
“The world would be a lot better off without kids.”
“Dad's dying. He's been doing it for about twenty years so I don't miss anything.”
“- Sarah: Love doesn't end just because we don't see each other.
- Maurice Bendrix: Doesn't it?
- Sarah: People go on loving God, don't they? All their lives. Without seeing him.
- Maurice Bendrix: That's not my kind of love.
- Sarah: Maybe there is no other kind.”
“- Grace Wesley: Recently when I've been praying, it's like Jesus isn't letting me feel His presence. Usually I can almost reach out and touch Him but... but right now it's like... it's like He's a million miles away.
- Walter Wesley: Honey, you of all people should realize when you're going through something really hard, the teacher is always...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nikki Finn: Hey, a mall! Ha ha!... As long as we're here, can we go in for a few seconds? I can't go back to Philly without any presents for my mom - she thinks I've been shopping.
- Louden Trott: For four years?
- Nikki Finn: Mm-hmm. So I can't exactly go back empty-handed, 'cause it isn't very nice.”
“You've been gone too long, Alice. There are matters which might benefit from your attention. Friends cannot be neglected. Hurry.”
“Marriage in Hollywood is like a nice hot bath. It's just not that hot any more. It cools off after a short while.”
“- Abby Janello: Being with him is like making a choice.
- Donna: You don't have that choice, Abby. You have other choices.
- Abby Janello: It just can't be him - that's all.
- Donna: Ok, then fine. But whether it's Buddy or someone else a year from now, whoever you choose will be there because Greg is not. That's just how it is.”
“The first thing most people do when they realise someone doesn't love them anymore is cry.”
“Why didn't you write? What if I missed ya?”
“Tannhäusser spoke of love, you cannot understand because you are heartless.”
“I'm exactly the way you made me: do it this way, do it that way, do it my way - until I don't even know how to do it without you.”
“I make honor roll and Dad doesn't notice because you're in detention! I'm elected captain of the cheerleading squad and Dad can't come to one game. One game! Because he's busy going to your parent-counsellor meetings. You want to know why I want this fellowship abroad? It's because it's 3,000 miles away from you.”
“You've been gone eight days, Jack. A week I could understand, but eight fucking days!”
“- Hallie: I guess you have to switch us back now, huh?
- Elizabeth: Legally, you belong to your father and Annie belongs to me.
- Hallie: 'His' and 'Hers, kids. No offense, Mom, but this arrangement really sucks.
- Elizabeth: I agree, it totally sucks. I don't want to lose you now that we've been together.”
“- Amy Rainey: You were always gone.
- Mort Rainey: I worked from home, Amy.”
“- Doctor: Why are you crying, Mary?
- Mary Hobbes: I miss my family. How come they won't come visit, Doctor?”